Macro Express Forums

ASCII File Process

I'm trying to build a macro using ASCII File Process. I get the following error (it doesn't matter if I set to comma or tab delimited):

post-2634-1235595060_thumb.jpg

And here is a screenshot of my editor window. I even went with a basic %T[1]% variable just in case my named variable was causing confusion:

post-2634-1235594379_thumb.jpg

I've used ASCII File processes before (in ME3), but this is the first time I've attempted to build one in ME Pro. Am I missing something that should be obvious, or is there a bug? I scanned through the forum quickly but didn't see this particular problem.

I'm trying to build a macro using ASCII File Process. I get the following error (it doesn't matter if I set to comma or tab delimited):

post-2634-1235595060_thumb.jpg

And here is a screenshot of my editor window. I even went with a basic %T[1]% variable just in case my named variable was causing confusion:

post-2634-1235594379_thumb.jpg

I've used ASCII File processes before (in ME3), but this is the first time I've attempted to build one in ME Pro. Am I missing something that should be obvious, or is there a bug? I scanned through the forum quickly but didn't see this particular problem.

Steve,

Windows filenames cannot include '\'.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Steve,

Windows filenames cannot include '\'.

--

Are you sure? Once I realized that I forgot to add the destination variable, the macro worked fine. In fact, when I browse to a location, the back-slash '\' is displayed by Windows itself.

Note, the following screenshot shows a browsed-to file:

post-2634-1235599552_thumb.jpg

Are you sure? Once I realized that I forgot to add the destination variable, the macro worked fine. In fact, when I browse to a location, the back-slash '\' is displayed by Windows itself.

Note, the following screenshot shows a browsed-to file:

post-2634-1235599552_thumb.jpg

I see now that you're using it in a path, not in a filename as I hastily thought - where of course they would be invalid for obvious reasons!

--

It's an illegal char for a file name, here it's acting like part of the path.
I see now that you're using it in a path, not in a filename as I hastily thought - where of course they would be invalid for obvious reasons!

--

Thank you both. Now I understand the confusion. Yes, the \ was used to separate the variable (path) from the .txt file as I hadn't included the \ within the variable itself.