Macro Express Forums

Text box not closing at the end of macro?

I have a macro that calls a macro which has a “Floating box until “Close Box” or end of macro” but it doesn’t close at the end of the macro but rather at the end of the parent macro. Is this a bug or by design?

I have a macro that calls a macro which has a “Floating box until “Close Box” or end of macro” but it doesn’t close at the end of the macro but rather at the end of the parent macro. Is this a bug or by design?

I can reproduce that.

Also, do you think the following issue is directly associated? As I understand it, this macro should keep the floating box open until I've closed the final message, but it doesn't.

Text Box Display: Floating box

Delay: 1 seconds

Text Box Display: Child message

Macro Return

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Floating box" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 This is supposed to close on a 'Close Box' command or end of macro\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x02" Delay="0"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="1"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Child message" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Floating box should still be open because no 'Close Box' was issued and macro has not ended.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<MACRO RETURN/>

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I can reproduce that.

Also, do you think the following issue is directly associated? As I understand it, this macro should keep the floating box open until I've closed the final message, but it doesn't.

Text Box Display: Floating box

Delay: 1 seconds

Text Box Display: Child message

Macro Return

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Floating box" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 This is supposed to close on a 'Close Box' command or end of macro\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x02" Delay="0"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="1"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Child message" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Floating box should still be open because no 'Close Box' was issued and macro has not ended.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<MACRO RETURN/>

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Hey Terry,

I just used your code to see if I could duplicate your problem. Have you checked to make sure the "Floating" box isn't just hiding

behind the "Child" box? I moved the "Child" box out of the way and "Floating" was still there.