Macro Express Forums

Script copying quirk

I'm not sure if this is a cosmetic quirk, file corruption, or some other functional issue, but I've encountered it several times. If I copy commands from my script editor to my text editor, using Copy Command Text, I sometimes get strange additions added to various Mouse commands. Here's an example:

MEPro-ScriptQuirk-1.jpg

Also, sometimes the spurious additions are in the Script too, but disappear if I d-click the command!

Edit: After more work I've isolated this now. It consistently arises whenever I toggle between Script Editor to Direct Editor. Code like this

Delay: 50 milliseconds

Mouse Left Button Down

Delay: 100 milliseconds

gets changed to

Delay: 50 milliseconds

Mouse Left Button Down: 50 milliseconds

Delay: 100 milliseconds

And from that point on, if it's copy/pasted anywhere else it will have the spurious addition.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

if I d-click the command!

This is just a bit off-topic (read: WAY off topic), but I've seen this d-click distinction a lot in the forums lately, and I have to ask: "What is d-click?"

I'm familiar with right-click and left-click, even middle-click... am I missing something obvious with this d-click?

Thanks for humoring me :)

This is just a bit off-topic (read: WAY off topic), but I've seen this d-click distinction a lot in the forums lately, and I have to ask: "What is d-click?"

I'm familiar with right-click and left-click, even middle-click... am I missing something obvious with this d-click?

Thanks for humoring me :)

Double-click.

--

Terry did you have a question for the users in all this? I read it twice and didn't see one. This just looks like a bug that needs to be reported to ISS.

Hi Cory,

I was just looking for confirmation that others could reproduce it. But I've now reported it as a bug,

--

• 1 month later...
Hi Cory,

I was just looking for confirmation that others could reproduce it. But I've now reported it as a bug,

--

Received 1st April.

"Issue [iSS6670] submitted by you has been resolved. The change will be available with the next release of Macro Express Pro."

--