Macro Express Forums

macro to assign middle clic to a key

ornicus31

Hi,

I'm starting with this software so i need a bit of help, my problem is:

I'm using an mx revolution mouse and i do not have a middle clic on it, so i would like to assign the middle clic to a key, for exemple pagedown.

It is because i work on a 3d software, and i need the middle clic to quick change direction of parts, zoom, center....

Is it possible do create a macro to do this?

Thanks

Ps: English is not my first language so i hope you understood my question^^

Hi,

I'm starting with this software so i need a bit of help, my problem is:

I'm using an mx revolution mouse and i do not have a middle clic on it, so i would like to assign the middle clic to a key, for exemple pagedown.

It is because i work on a 3d software, and i need the middle clic to quick change direction of parts, zoom, center....

Is it possible do create a macro to do this?

Thanks

Ps: English is not my first language so i hope you understood my question^^

Yes, it is possible, sort of.

You can assign the Middle Click function to a hotkey. You can choose what hotkey you want, but it will most likely be a combination of keys. With the exception of the Function keys (F1 - F12), all hotkeys require a combination.

Personally, if getting a different mouse wasn't an option, I would probably assign the combination Shift+Left Click as the activation for the Middle Click function.

Good luck!

Yes, it is possible, sort of.

You can assign the Middle Click function to a hotkey. You can choose what hotkey you want, but it will most likely be a combination of keys. With the exception of the Function keys (F1 - F12), all hotkeys require a combination.

Personally, if getting a different mouse wasn't an option, I would probably assign the combination Shift+Left Click as the activation for the Middle Click function.

Good luck!

Ok, let's try. You say that i need to use a combination of key, but could'nt i use only alt (it is a key that you can choose when you set a "wait fo key press")?

About the algorithm :

begin

repeat

if alt press

then middle click

end.

I found in the Macro Script tab

Wait for key press ALT //is this create a kind of infinite loop? always watching the state of ALT key?

Mouse middle button click //if i maintain ALT down, the middle clic will be kept down too?

So can you help me, i just want a macro that press middle clic when i press ALT, and release middle clic when i releas ALT? I will launch manually the macro each time i run the 3d software.

thanks

Ok, let's try. You say that i need to use a combination of key, but could'nt i use only alt (it is a key that you can choose when you set a "wait fo key press")?

About the algorithm :

begin

repeat

if alt press

then middle click

end.

I found in the Macro Script tab

Wait for key press ALT //is this create a kind of infinite loop? always watching the state of ALT key?

Mouse middle button click //if i maintain ALT down, the middle clic will be kept down too?

So can you help me, i just want a macro that press middle clic when i press ALT, and release middle clic when i releas ALT? I will launch manually the macro each time i run the 3d software.

thanks

It is not possible to do exactly what you describe.

Macro Express 3 can activate macros only when keys are released, not when they are pressed. It is not possible to have a single-key activate a

macro in Macro Express 3 (with the exception of F1-F12). There are no "if key press" commands in Macro Express 3.

Though you can have a macro that runs and runs and runs waiting for a specific key press, as you mentioned, something like this:

Repeat Until %T1% <> %T1%
 Wait for Key Press: ALT
 Mouse Middle Button Click
Repeat End

This will do what you want, more or less, but it will cripple your Macro Express. You won't be able to run any other macros while this one is

running. It will also only perform the click after the Alt key is released. Additionally, you will have to assign an activation just to get this macro started.

Honestly, for practical reasons, it would be better to simply assign Alt+Mouse Click as an activation for the Middle Click.

Macro Express Pro (Macro Express 4) does have the ability to activate macros when the key is pressed, but ME is not exactly a keyboard

remapping tool allowing you to assign mouse functions to keyboard keys. Pressing and holding Alt can't be assigned as pressing and holding

down a mouse-button.

At best, you could have the Alt key activate a Mouse Down function, and then have a different macro activated by a different key-press that

activates the Mouse Up function. It seems like a lot of extra work.

It is not possible to do exactly what you describe.

Macro Express 3 can activate macros only when keys are released, not when they are pressed. It is not possible to have a single-key activate a

macro in Macro Express 3 (with the exception of F1-F12). There are no "if key press" commands in Macro Express 3.

Though you can have a macro that runs and runs and runs waiting for a specific key press, as you mentioned, something like this:

Repeat Until %T1% <> %T1%
 Wait for Key Press: ALT
 Mouse Middle Button Click
Repeat End

This will do what you want, more or less, but it will cripple your Macro Express. You won't be able to run any other macros while this one is

running. It will also only perform the click after the Alt key is released. Additionally, you will have to assign an activation just to get this macro started.

Honestly, for practical reasons, it would be better to simply assign Alt+Mouse Click as an activation for the Middle Click.

Macro Express Pro (Macro Express 4) does have the ability to activate macros when the key is pressed, but ME is not exactly a keyboard

remapping tool allowing you to assign mouse functions to keyboard keys. Pressing and holding Alt can't be assigned as pressing and holding

down a mouse-button.

At best, you could have the Alt key activate a Mouse Down function, and then have a different macro activated by a different key-press that

activates the Mouse Up function. It seems like a lot of extra work.

Ok thanks! But in the end i found a software that can remap keyborad and mouse, so now, it's working perfectly!