Macro Express Forums

New User, Mimized Windows?

xxShaneOmac

Hello all Im quite new to Micro Express, Currently I have the free version.

I would like to konw if this program is capable to run on mimized windows?

I would like it to perform a series of clicks / keys on a window(s) that are currently mimized and out of my way as I contiune to work on other things?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I would like to konw if this program is capable to run on mimized windows?

I would like it to perform a series of clicks / keys on a window(s) that are currently mimized and out of my way as I contiune to work on other things?

Normally, no. Windows only accepts keystrokes and mouse events (clicks & moves) for the window that has focus. However, you may have success if you use the Window Control commands and avoid certain macro commands that only work with the foreground window.

For a sample macro that demonstrates this, open the samples.mex file (installed with Macro Express in the same folder as the Macro Express program files) and look at the macro titled 'Calc ulator and Note pad' (the extra spaces are part of the name).

Im very new to this,

But it does seem possible.

To start off, I would like a Mouse Click on a window that dosnt have focus (i.e in the back ground) or a window that is mimized.

Simple left click and not on a specific location,

Could anyone help me out?

The answer remains the same. You cannot simply do a mouse click. Your only option is to try the Window Control commands. One of the Knowledgebase articles referenced in the previous post has a link to a sample macro.

To state it differently: When Macro Express sends a mouse click (via the mouse click command) it is ALWAYS sent to the window with focus. This is how Windows works.

If the minimized application happens to support Window Controls and if the Window Control on the application happens to recognize the message 'Send mouse click to a Window Control' then you can use the Window Control commands.