Macro Express Forums

Getting Mexhook.dll Error

renee

Hello Renee!

It sounds like you will need to have someone with administration rights uninstall the existing Macro Express, and then reinstall the new version. I have never installed Macro Express without administration rights, so I am not sure what went wrong.

Have you tried just reinstalling the 3.4 you mentioned?

I'm confessing my sins... if the admin guys find out I tried and downloaded the new version... well we don't want to go there. Where is version 3.4? I don't have it... can I get it???

Long story made short: I asked the head admin guy if I could upgrade ME on everyone's computers, he said yes, and even though it said I need admin rights it worked just fine, (it was version 3.4b I think... not at work to look at it) anyway, I was installing a macro I had written on a computer I've not used before and it didn't work, so thinking it was because of the older version of ME, I went to download newest version and I didn't think there would be a problem because I've upgraded about 8 other machines, but alas there was with that .dll file (AND one of the other admin guys, said NO you have to get permission to download anything, I dont' care if my BOSS did tell you could download the new version). OH what tangle web we weave... so I'm thinking if I HAD an older version I could re-install that! yes.. no???? and the mexhook.dll file wouldn't matter? - Renee

Renee,

Sorry that you are in a pinch. You can download a previous version. There are instructions in the section named "Previous versions of Macro Express" on their download page at http://www.macros.com/download.htm.

I believe that it would be best to have someone that has administration privileges uninstall, and then install whichever version you want.