Macro Express Forums

Combining Multipage Tif Image Files

crikeymate

Hi

I'm a newbie who has finally run out of wild pokes in the dark. I have spent 2 days trying to figure this out and hope there is someone who can help.

I have a large quantity of folders containing single and multipage Tif G4 image files. I need to combine these and thereafter seperate them into sequential single page Tif files. I am using an application (Pixedit from techsoft.no) for this purpose.

The events are as follows. In Pixedit I go file open which brings up a dialog to browse to the folder I need to open. The only way I can point it to select the contents of a particular folder is by navigating there using the applications dialog box. It does not accept text (a typed out folder path) at all.

Once I have navigated to a folder, the dialog displays the tif files and these can be selected by home and shift end or shift click(by mouse), but also not with typed out filenames or paths at all.

I have captured a macro that works for one iteration, but am stumped by what to use to repeat through my list of folders. I have tried "repeat with folder" but do not know how to get the %T1% variable to select the next folder. I face the same issue when trying to use "process with text"

I hope there is someone out there who can help, as I would have had to switch to manual mode (God help me) a day ago already if I had any intention of meeting my deadline.

Does anyone have any hope for me?

Thanks a million

Hilton Holder :blink:

Welcome to the forum crikeymate

Without the ability to enter folder and file names in the application, in other words, only able to navigate visually with the mouse, a folder and file name list does not do you any good. There is no way to use it within the application. Yes, you know where you are supposed to go, and which files to select, but your application will not allow you to enter the information.

I am not familiar with multi-page TIFF G4 image files. My assumption is that each page is in a different folder? Do you have any other options?

Thanks for your efforts and the welcome Floyd

I guess you're right, unless I can get the down arrow to move down one step to select the next folder after each process of combining the tif files I guess its a no-go. This means I have to record the process right up to where I need the down arrow to move to the next folder and then repeat this. The only problem is that the applications file select dialogue doesnt default to the last folder it processed, in which case I have to get the focus to the top folder in the list using the home key and then get the down arrow to increment by a factor of one on each new increment so that it moves down 1, then 2 then 3 steps etc.

Would there be a way of doing this perhaps?

I notice that there are many applications that only allow you to visually navigate to the correct folders using an explorer type tree structure. Would it be the same for all these kinds of applications, meaning that there'dd be no way to get ME to point the application to the correct folder for processing?

I am still looking for another app that i can use, so my options are still limited. The multipage tiff files are in the same folder as some single page tiff files (CCITT G4). The whole point is to combine both types in the correct sequence and then get each page seperated in proper sequence. The app can do it, but so far only manually I guess.

Would a posted sample screen capture of the dialogue box do any good? perhaps someone will pick up on something that I'm missing?

regards

Hilton

in which case I have to get the focus to the top folder in the list using the home key and then get the down arrow to increment by a factor of one on each new increment so that it moves down 1, then 2 then 3 steps etc.

Would there be a way of doing this perhaps?

Hi Hilton,

Yes, you should be able to open your "Open" Dialog, "Wait for..", "Home" key etc; run your action macro in a loop as in my "Print Macros to file" macro;

Variable Set Integer %N1% to 0

Repeat Until %T2% = %T3%

//File Open etc....

Wait For Window Title: "Macro Explorer"

Variable Modify Integer: %N1% = %N1% + 1

//    Text Type: <SHIFT><TAB> if needed, etc, toget to the directory area

Text Type: <HOME>

Repeat with Variable using %N1%

Text Type: <DOWN ARROW>

Repeat End

Macro Run: BackupAuto20secs

Repeat End

Will this help? I imagine you are nearly there anyway.

Best, Randall

MacroPrinter.mxe

Thanks Floyd and Randall for your contributions. I have to say that I am totally impressed by ME, your forum, your helpfullness and your contributions.

This is the first time I've joined a forum for help...and yours actually works.

I have found another app that can do the job (from informatik.com) for those who may have the same issue someday, but the post from Randall is helpfull as I would probably use the same principles in many of my tasks.

Thanks again

Hilton