Macro Express Forums

Terminating a macro

Suppose I have Macro1 and Macro2 both of which display a text box so that they don't terminate without human intervention, and I start each running by right-click / run on each macro. According to the documentation, right-clicking on the running man icon should give me a list of the 2 running macros so that I can choose which to terminate. But for me, right or left-clicking on that running man results in both macros being terminated immediately.

???

Suppose I have Macro1 and Macro2 both of which display a text box so that they don't terminate without human intervention, and I start each running by right-click / run on each macro. According to the documentation, right-clicking on the running man icon should give me a list of the 2 running macros so that I can choose which to terminate. But for me, right or left-clicking on that running man results in both macros being terminated immediately.

???

Yes, I reproduced that.

On hovering over the running man icon the message does say there are "Macros currently running", plural, but doesn't say what they are or give me any choice which to close.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

???

In my experience, Right-clicking the running man has always been an effective way to terminate any running macro(s). Where in the documentation did you read that this would display what macros are running?

In my experience, Right-clicking the running man has always been an effective way to terminate any running macro(s). Where in the documentation did you read that this would display what macros are running?

Paul may have seen it elsewhere, but in Help under Stopping a Macro I read:

"If more than one macro is running when pressing the abort sequence or right mouse clicking on the Running icon, a list displays of those macros currently running. Select which macro to terminate."

BTW, note that the message naming a single running macro (or the 'multiple' message I described in my last post) pops up when hovering, not r-clicking.

Also, left-clicking the tray icon closes macros too.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK