Macro Express Forums

New Macro, or Copy macro

When creating a new macro or copying an existing one, each entry in the list of activations on the left contains an underlined letter, so pressing Alt-letter should select that activation. But it doesn't because, instead, the Alt-letter selected is used as the hotkey activation for the new or copied macro!

When creating a new macro or copying an existing one, each entry in the list of activations on the left contains an underlined letter, so pressing Alt-letter should select that activation. But it doesn't because, instead, the Alt-letter selected is used as the hotkey activation for the new or copied macro!

I don't see any underlined letters in the Create New Macro window. Could you post a screenshot?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

While the cursor is in the HotKey field all keystrokes are intercepted and interpreted as a hotkey selection. Once the cursor leaves this field the behavior returns to normal and shortcuts are recognized. To use a shortcut to select a different type of activation press the TAB key and then the shortcut key. This is by design.

I don't see any underlined letters in the Create New Macro window. Could you post a screenshot?

--

In the absence of a response I decided to post my own screenshot a few minutes ago, showing how my dialog has no underlined letters. I used my capture program, Snagit and pasted the result into IrfanView. I was astonished to find that the underlines were now present! But back in ME Pro Explorer, they were still missing. I closed and restarted. Still no underlines. And now, after many repeat attempts, I can't even get them with that capture/paste trick. So some very weird stuff going on here. Anyone have any clue as to what please? Anyone else not seeing underlined letters?

Edit: OK, sorted.

If anyone else ends up here with the same problem, then here's the fix. After much more googling I discovered that they are hidden by default. (If I ever knew that, I'd forgotten!) In XP at least, this setting controls it, and here it was enabled:

Desktop r-click > Properties > Appearance > Effects > Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key

--