Macro Express Forums

Running the same macro many, many times at once!

I have a macro that simply displays a text box. It is triggered via a hotkey ALt-X (when released).

If I press and release Alt-X, it runs. Before dismissing the text box, I press and release ALt-X again - as expected, the macro does not run again, because it's already running.

Now I close the text box, and the macro stops running. All is well.

But wait...

I now press and hold down Alt-X. While I am holding these keys down, nothing happens. But as soon as I release them, multiple textboxes appear, and multiple icons in my taskbar, indicating the macro is running many times all at the same time. I must close each textbox separately until no more macros are running (I got 40 to run).

This is presumably a bug?

I have a macro that simply displays a text box. It is triggered via a hotkey ALt-X (when released).

If I press and release Alt-X, it runs. Before dismissing the text box, I press and release ALt-X again - as expected, the macro does not run again, because it's already running.

Now I close the text box, and the macro stops running. All is well.

But wait...

I now press and hold down Alt-X. While I am holding these keys down, nothing happens. But as soon as I release them, multiple textboxes appear, and multiple icons in my taskbar, indicating the macro is running many times all at the same time. I must close each textbox separately until no more macros are running (I got 40 to run).

This is presumably a bug?

Duplicated...

Odd, kind of fun, but definitely odd.