Jump to content
Macro Express Forums

Firefox Latest version (3.08) Warning


Recommended Posts

Firefox v3.08 is now available. For those of you who check the pixel colour of the X in the navigation toolbar to determine if a particular page has completed loading, be aware that this no longer works (at least, not on my machine)! The mouse locator tool does not detect any mouse movement when the mouse is over either of these toolbars. And I am unable to detect a change in pixel colour of the X. Interestingly, AutoIt's equivalent to the mouse locator tool does work correctly!

 

I am reverting to v3.07 immediately, which does work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Firefox v3.08 is now available. For those of you who check the pixel colour of the X in the navigation toolbar to determine if a particular page has completed loading, be aware that this no longer works (at least, not on my machine)! The mouse locator tool does not detect any mouse movement when the mouse is over either of these toolbars. And I am unable to detect a change in pixel colour of the X. Interestingly, AutoIt's equivalent to the mouse locator tool does work correctly!

 

I am reverting to v3.07 immediately, which does work.

 

Seems to work OK here. I tried a couple of my web page macros that rely on my Macro Run: 'Wait for FF web page ready' and they loaded OK.

 

Did you try Restore Keyboard & Mouse Hooks ? Presumably you've rebooted? Tried FF 3.08 in safe mode, or at least without any recently-added extensions? Kicked the CPU case? ...

 

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have spent a few hours trying to duplicate what you are describing without success. Macro Express Pro works with Firefox v 3.0.8 on all computers we have tried it on. We have tested on Windows XP Home, XP Pro, Vista Home and Vista Ultimate. The Mouse Locator works. A macro to detect the color change of the X works.

 

Until we hear from someone else who is having a problem we have to conclude that the conflict is specific to your computer. The problem may be caused by your security software, by a utility program, or a setting within Firefox itself.

 

It may also be a result of slight timing changes in Firefox that your macro is unable to account for. Does your macro first wait for Firefox to go busy and then for it to go not busy?

 

 

If you contact Insight Software Support directly (via email) they can work with you to try to discover what is causing the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for your effort. I've also tried it on a second machine, and, like you, experienced no problems.

 

The only thing to note is that the 1st machine has a strange collection of video cards on it:

- the one supplied on the HP motherboard which I am unable to use

- a Radeon dual-monitor card

- an ancient Millennium card for the 3rd monitor, which is so slow that I must reduce its output to 16-bit

 

ME's Explorer runs on the middle screen (Radeon); I can't run it on the left-hand screen (Millennium) because the x-coordinates are all below zero, and I therefore cannot edit existing macros (previously reported bug).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, what are we to make of this? I reverted to v3.07 2 days ago, but after rebooting this morning, v3.08 again installed itself automatically. But, this time, everything works properly. I've changed nothing whatever!

 

Perhaps my computer was suffering the Monday Morning Blues!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, what are we to make of this? I reverted to v3.07 2 days ago, but after rebooting this morning, v3.08 again installed itself automatically. But, this time, everything works properly. I've changed nothing whatever!

 

Perhaps my computer was suffering the Monday Morning Blues!!

On Monday, did you reboot your computer? Did the problem survive the reboot? If not, perhaps rebooting would have fixed it.

 

One other thought is that perhaps the Firefox update had a glitch during install.

 

We can count these lessons learned.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I rebooted numerous times!

 

The problem survived the boot.

 

I reinstalled v3.07 and rebooted. The problem went away.

I reinstalled v3.08 and rebooted. The problem reappeared. SO I then reinstalled v3.07 and left it there.

 

The next day Firefox againand reinstalled v3.08 - and this time it worked.

 

I still think my explanation about MondayMorningitis is the most likely! :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...