Macro Express Forums

Macro does not exist - but it does!

Does this ring any bells with anyone please? I have a Macro Run command in line 3 of my main macro. It calls a macro XYZ, which most definitely exists (and runs OK when activated manually). Yet the main macro consistently fails with a message about line 3 'macro does not exist'.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Does the 'Macro Filename (Optional):' contain the correct information? You may leave this blank if the macros are in the same macro file. Also check to make sure there aren't any extra spaces in the name in either the Macro Run command or the macro's name itself.

Does the 'Macro Filename (Optional):' contain the correct information? You may leave this blank if the macros are in the same macro file. Also check to make sure there aren't any extra spaces in the name in either the Macro Run command or the macro's name itself.

Thanks Kevin, but both points OK. As always I left the the macro name blank, but explicitly including it makes no difference.

I also tried pasting all the commands into a new macro with a new name and new activation. That fails with identical message.

Edit:

Pleased to report I worked around it. I pasted contents of the 'non-existent' macro (which was called 'Toggle Full Path in Titles', alias XYZ of my opening post) to a new macro called 'Toggle Path in Titles'. With the Macro Run command in the main macro changed to run that, it works OK. Can only guess it was some sort of obscure corruption?

--

Thanks Kevin, but both points OK. As always I left the the macro name blank, but explicitly including it makes no difference.

I also tried pasting all the commands into a new macro with a new name and new activation. That fails with identical message.

Edit:

Pleased to report I worked around it. I pasted contents of the 'non-existent' macro (which was called 'Toggle Full Path in Titles', alias XYZ of my opening post) to a new macro called 'Toggle Path in Titles'. With the Macro Run command in the main macro changed to run that, it works OK. Can only guess it was some sort of obscure corruption?

--

I've gotten either that, or a similar, error when the macro being called existed, but there was an error of some sort within that macro. But if you've been able to work-around using the exact same code then I don't suppose this is the problem at all.

Very strange.