Macro Express Forums

Is it possible to remove Shift from HotKey?

shin505

Hi all,

Whenever I have Shift already held down while trying to activate a macro that has F1 has it's HotKey for instance, the macro won't start unless I let go of Shift. Is there away around this like removing all the options for Shift in the HotKey activation, etc?

Hi all,

Whenever I have Shift already held down while trying to activate a macro that has F1 has it's HotKey for instance, the macro won't start unless I let go of Shift. Is there away around this like removing all the options for Shift in the HotKey activation, etc?

If you have to hold down shift, why not just change your hotkey to Shift+F1?

I don't believe it is possible to do what you are suggesting, but there are likely other alternatives that could work for you.

I've tried changing it to Shift+(whatever) as well, but now it won't activate until I actually let go of Shift while I was holding it.

Hmm, this isn't absolutely necessary though it would help a great deal, lol. I'm using this for a game and Shift is the sprint key. I changed sprint to the spacebar replacing jump, but it's hard getting use to ^_^.