Macro Express Forums

Line 1 Crash Bug

Hey everybody. Because I know that ISS already has a ticket for this issue (6793), I don't want to keep bombarding them with 'official' bug-reports about the same issue. Instead, I'm going to start this thread - which I'm borrowing from the Boolean Argument not working thread by Rustywinger, as this is very off-topic in relation to that one.

What has been discovered so far:

• Disabling Command Line 1 causes a crash of the Editor and loss of any unsaved content when:
    • The command on Line 1 is any Repeat Start
    • The command on Line 1 starts a Text File Process
    • The command on Line 1 starts an ASCII File Process
    • The command on Line 1 is an "IF" statement

• Deleting a command from Line 1 causes a similar crash when:
    • The command being deleted is followed immediately by a disabled instance of any of the commands described above.

If further examples are discovered and you want to post your examples in this thread, I'll try to edit my post to include your examples (if I can duplicate them), so that the top post remains as complete as possible. That is, until ISS resolves the issue.

I think it's important to point out that that this is first and foremost a user to user forum. It's wonderful that ISS spends so much time here and we want to be sensitive to them and not sound like we're just a bunch of griping ingrates but it's also important that we help each other by identifying the nature of bugs and come up with creative solutions or at least awareness. Right now if a newb came here with a crashing problem and searched they would find this well written up description of the problem and have to look no further. This includes not bugging ISS with another bugrep. Until ISS has a place where they document known issues this is the perfect venue.

Thanks Steve

This issue with the tracking number [iSS6793] has already been fixed. The next version of Macro Express Pro will contain the fix. In the meantime, do not disable any macro commands on line 1.

Awesome news, Kevin! Thanks to all you guys at ISS who keep on top of these things!

I think it's important to point out that that this is first and foremost a user to user forum. It's wonderful that ISS spends so much time here and we want to be sensitive to them and not sound like we're just a bunch of griping ingrates but it's also important that we help each other by identifying the nature of bugs and come up with creative solutions or at least awareness. Right now if a newb came here with a crashing problem and searched they would find this well written up description of the problem and have to look no further. This includes not bugging ISS with another bugrep. Until ISS has a place where they document known issues this is the perfect venue.

Thanks Steve

Thanks for the nice words, Cory.