Macro Express Forums

Capturing/Sending Text to hidden control

patgenn123

I know that other programs like Autohotkey and Autoit can do this, but I am having the toughest time capturing text/sending text to a control not visible/focused.

For example, I have 5 tabs at the top of a database. The tab in question is not focused/visible. I would like to get(retrieve)/send text to a text box not visible.

How do I do that without the tab/control in focus? There's too much busy-ness on the screen otherwise.

Thanks!

Pat

Have you looked at the Window Control commands? Does that do what you need?

Examine the 'Calc ulator and Note pad' sample macro found in samples.mex. This macro file is installed in the same folder as the Macro Express program files (c:\Program Files\Macro Express3). It can also be downloaded from the Sample Macros page.

OK. I was able to capture the text from the hidden control. Now I would like to replace it with some other text. Here is what I have so far:

<GETCONTROL2:01:AMS.EXE:ThunderRT6MDIFormAppraisal Management System005:1MDIClient1ThunderRT6FormDC8SSTabCtlWndClass81ThunderRT6Frame
1ThunderRT6TextBox><DIS:<SETFOCUS:01><VARGETCONT:1:1><DIS:<CAPCONTROL:T:2:1:><DIS:<CCLICK:T:01:0:T:><IFCONTROL:02:01><DIS:<TEXTTYPE:dfghfgh><VARSETCONT:1:tyutyu><ENDIF>

How do I replace the text with other text all without focusing on the hidden text box (OR focusing on the TAB that contains the textbox) rather it is to remain hidden PUSHING the data in.

Thanks!

Pat

I was able to capture the text from the hidden control. Now I would like to replace it with some other text.

Did you try to Text Type to the Window Control?

This note is from the Macro Express help:

Send Text to Control

If you have previously defined a Control Variable, the text entered in this command will be typed into the Window Control that you have selected. The control that you select must be able to accept text input. Otherwise this command will appear to do nothing.

• 3 weeks later...
OK, I officially give up. ... I wish someone could answer... You would be the answer to my prayers!

Frustrated...

Have a nice day!

Pat

Don't give up!

I modified your code, see if this works. Under the "Text Type" option, the radio button "Send Text To Control" should be selected. This will type in the contol as if it was focused.

<GETCONTROL2:01:AMS.EXE:ThunderRT6MDIFormAppraisal Management System005:1MDIClient1ThunderRT6FormDC8SSTabCtlWndClass81ThunderRT6Frame
1ThunderRT6TextBox><TEXTTYPECT:1:Test: Text to Control>