Macro Express Forums

Undo gripe... :-)

MEP- fine product, no question about it.... but the UNDO?

If I copy a bunch of lines and insert it somewhere in the million lines of code, and then decide to undo, it removes only ONE line! And the highlight will be gone... and to make this even better, it does this AMAZING scroll thing which totally disorients you... and if I was in the middle of a long spontaneous programming session I have no idea where the pasted code ends previous code begins!

Anyway, that's my rant. Good day!

MEP- fine product, no question about it.... but the UNDO?

If I copy a bunch of lines and insert it somewhere in the million lines of code, and then decide to undo, it removes only ONE line! And the highlight will be gone... and to make this even better, it does this AMAZING scroll thing which totally disorients you... and if I was in the middle of a long spontaneous programming session I have no idea where the pasted code ends previous code begins!

Anyway, that's my rant. Good day!

That's a valid concern. We previously had a similar issue with using the Copy Command feature. If you hi-lighted multiple lines and copied them, only the top one remained hi-lighted, requiring you to re-select the rest before moving them into position. It was annoying at best. ISS fixed it on the next update (after Terry filed a bug report or feature request - not sure which he did).

I recommend making it official with a bug report. Das Bug Report

I'm with you on this one in a big way. Along the same lines as what Steve said I hate how when I highlight multiple lines and paste multiple lines into that selection. In normal programs whatever is highlighted gets replaced but not MEP! I think I'll add that as a feature request... Oh, wait, I already did! 6257 Anyway there are several things like this in MEP I would like to see improved to make it more like other Windows programs. Like I want to be able to select more than one variable with CTRL and delete from the variables tab. Or be able to right click in the variables tab and Create New. I'm sure they want to make these improvements as well but we need to be patient as it's far more important to get the bugs fixed first. And I know in the past they implemented several of my feature requests like this.