Macro Express Forums

Using Explorer & Script Editor - another bug

This is probably in a similar category to the issue I reported ages ago and which happily was fixed in the last version. It's another conflict between the Script Editor and the Explorer window. I'm sure enough about it to submit it as a bug in a minute, but I'm posting here for information and any comment.

Keeping it simple, I'm tidying up and reorganising. I have say 3 macros in Explorer, in Category X.

AAA

BBB

CCC

I open AAA in the Script Editor, to remind myself what it does. I don't edit it in any way. In Explorer I then drag it to a more appropriate Category Y. So the list is now

BBB

CCC

I now use Save & Close in Script Editor (closing the entire window automatically if that's the only tab). No messages about potential conflicts. Explorer still lists

BBB

CCC

So all seems logical and fine. But it's not. If I open Category Y I find that AAA is still assigned Category X. It's impossible to open AAA now in Script Editor. and the only way to get it truly resident in Category Y is to drag it first to some arbitrary intermediate Category Z, and thence to Category Y.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

That's an interesting bug... I just tried to duplicate it but it worked for me... tell me if I'm doing this right:

I have a macro called RandomTests housed in a category called PGM Tests (three guesses what I use this category for).

I opened RandomTests in script editor, went to the explorer window and dragged RandomTests to the Unassigned category.

I then went back to the script editor and clicked "Save & Close".

After all this, I went to the Unassigned category, located RandomTests and opened it easy as pie.

I should note, I think, that the PGM Tests category, is actually a sub-category (under the main category Test Macros). I tried this again, dragging from Unassigned to the main Test Macros category to see if that made a difference. Still no error.

Have I followed the logic of what you were doing correctly?

If I did what you've done I would find that the macro was still assigned to PGM Tests. What does the Category column show for it, as you view it in Unassigned? Here it would be 'PGM Tests', instead of blank. Also, try closing and re-opening Explorer. Here, it would now be back in PGM Tests.

However, on the re-opening point, either

- I was mistaken

- Didn't wait long enough (it can sometimes take several seconds - very sluggish)

- Or it was an intermittent problem (the worst type!).

Because I tried again just now and it did open in Script Editor (from its incorrect category).

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK