Macro Express Forums

Activation by window loses focus

I want that a floating menu which i added to a program disappears when ever that program looses focus. If not, that menu would still float on top of every other application!

So i thought of an window reorder command activated by loosing the focus of the programwindow. However although i have choosen this form of activation the macro is always triggered when the window is activated.

Can anybody confirm this. I had similar problems with macro activations by key release. The window order commands (on top, on bottom etc.) seem to work inconsistent as well.

Thank you.

Alexandra

Well the macro which is activated by loosing focus is hiding the floating menu. It makes no sense to hide the menu while i´m working with the program e.g. its getting focus.

Can you tell me if you can activate any macro by loosing focus?

I want that a floating menu which i added to a program disappears when ever that program looses focus. If not, that menu would still float on top of every other application!

So i thought of an window reorder command activated by loosing the focus of the programwindow. However although i have choosen this form of activation the macro is always triggered when the window is activated.

Can anybody confirm this. I had similar problems with macro activations by key release. The window order commands (on top, on bottom etc.) seem to work inconsistent as well.

Thank you.

Alexandra

Well, I can certainly confirm that all is not as it should be.

In an attempt to reproduce your results I wrote a simple macro, AlexisDemo, that merely disables one of my many floating macros, FF MENU (Floating). Its activation is set to Firefox losing focus (specifically the partial string '- Mozilla Firefox'). But it consistently seems to be working in reverse. As soon as I activate Firefox. AlexisDemo runs (presumably pointlessly, trying to disable the macro that's already disabled).

Earlier, before this edit, if I then I enabled FF MENU (Floating) , ME Pro crashes badly, but left MacExp.exe running. And (after removing that process) when I restart ME Pro, to my surprise FF MENU (Floating) ran automatically. I've no idea what was going on, but after half a dozen crashes I nearly quit!

But now I seem to have some sort of stability, no crashes, just the illogical 'reverse' activation when Firefox gains focus!

Anyone from ISS have any comments please? Should be very easy to reproduce by anyone who has a floating menu. Just write a one-line macro like this:

Macro Disable: FF MENU (Floating)

Substitute the name of your floating macro. Then activate this new macro with the application (Firefox or Notepad or whatever) losing focus.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thank you Terry for trying out that stuff. I really would appreciate the existence of a list of known bugs. I´ll start a new thread with this theme. I hope they don´t bann me from this forum. Maybe you could post an supporting reporting reply. ;-)

Alexandra

• 9 months later...
Anyone able to reproduce this issue please?

--

I had no confirmations but I went ahead and reported this last June. I've now received this from ISS:

"Issue [iSS7100] submitted by you has been resolved. The change will be available with the next release of Macro Express Pro."

--