Macro Express Forums

Macroexpress stops Omnipage from running

If I have Macro Express Pro running, I cannot launch OmniPage Professional 17.

The splash screen appears then after a while I get "OmniPage Application has stopped working".

Turn off Macro Express Pro and OmniPage starts just fine.

Run OmniPage, turn on Macro Express Pro and OmniPage gives the same error.

I have filed a bug report and await the response with interest. In the meantime, is there anywhere that I should look for clues to this?

I have removed, repaired, reinstalled and generally frigged around with OmniPage as much as possible with no effect.

This behaviour started happening recently. As I have only just added the latest version of Macro Express Pro I wonder if this could be implicated.

While I can find earlier versions of Macro Express, it seems that v 4.0 is not in this scheme, so I cannot backtrack, unless someone can point me at an earlier version.

I hope this hasn't come up before, I've looked but find nothing relevant.

You're doing the right hting to report the bug to ISS. FYI I run OmniPage 15 and MEP with no problems. I swore I was at a page thr other day with all the previous versions of ME3 and MEP but I must have been mistaken. Ask ISS fora previous version and I am sure they will help you.

You're doing the right hting to report the bug to ISS. FYI I run OmniPage 15 and MEP with no problems. I swore I was at a page thr other day with all the previous versions of ME3 and MEP but I must have been mistaken. Ask ISS fora previous version and I am sure they will help you.

Thanks. The robot acknowledged receipt of my question as week or so ago but has yet to offer an answer.

I was hoping for some advice here along the lines of "Look at this log to see what might have happened". No luck.

I guess I should just go through my macros sidabling batches of them to see which might be interfering with OmniPage.

Thanks. The robot acknowledged receipt of my question as week or so ago but has yet to offer an answer.

I was hoping for some advice here along the lines of "Look at this log to see what might have happened". No luck.

I guess I should just go through my macros sidabling batches of them to see which might be interfering with OmniPage.

If you don't already have it, you might consider installing Process Monitor (ProcMon) from

http://download.sysinternals.com/Files/ProcessMonitor.zip

After familiarising yourself with it, start it directly before you attempt to run Omnipage and examine the results for clues. Output is daunting, both because of its complexity (mostly meaningless to me) but also because of the sheer volume. So you may need to use a filter to home in on more relevant entries.

But your idea that it's perhaps down to a dodgy macro is probably more promising. If you methodically use the 'halve and test' approach, you should soon be able to isolate it if that is the case.

Although I haven't tried it, another idea might be to test whether any macro does somehow get run when you start Omnipage. If it did and was too fast for the Runing Man icon to tell you so, sorting the list of all your macros in ME Pro Explorer by Last Run Time should do it.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Did you submit a bugrep. If so I think you need to also start a support issue. I dont' know this for a fact but it seems to me that bugreps are more an over the wall thing where you make them aware of problems for their benefit. Support issues are for your benefit.

Have you tried to replicate the problem in Safe Mode?

Issues entered into the tracking system, either as a bug report or a feature request, are reviewed by developers, not support people. You may not receive a personal response. As stated on the Report a Bug and Request a Feature pages:

You will not receive a personal email response unless we need more information.

Do not use this form to submit technical support questions. Send questions to info@wintools.com.

Our Technical Support people read and respond to each issue they receive in as timely a manner as possible. If a support issue is entered into the tracking system, it is forwarded to Technical Support. However, there may be a delay before this happens.

If you want our developers to look at a problem or consider a feature then use the Report a Bug and Request a Feature pages. If you want a reply, response or a possible work-around, send your request to Technical Support.

Issues entered into the tracking system, either as a bug report or a feature request, are reviewed by developers, not support people. You may not receive a personal response. As stated on the Report a Bug and Request a Feature pages:

Our Technical Support people read and respond to each issue they receive in as timely a manner as possible. If a support issue is entered into the tracking system, it is forwarded to Technical Support. However, there may be a delay before this happens.

If you want our developers to look at a problem or consider a feature then use the Report a Bug and Request a Feature pages. If you want a reply, response or a possible work-around, send your request to Technical Support.

I am afraid I am not sure what to make of this "boilerplate" response. Is it advising me to try again with a bug report?

No matter, I have now worked my way through my macros, disabling them a batch at a time. Unfortunately, this has not proved anything. The crash still happens even though I have disabled every saved macro.

The problem does not appear to be related to any particular macro.

It doesn't look like boilerplate to me but rather a more detailed and well thought out version of what I wrote before. Essentially if you want help solving a problem contact support. If you want to let the developers know of a bug report a bug. But don't expect a bug report to create a support incident.