Macro Express Forums

Tetris with MEP?

I just noticed on ISS's site a link to a video where a guy wrote a macro to play

, has anyone else here seen this? Talk about a macro God! Is this one of the forum members?

When I first saw the video, I thought that it might be a joke. But at one point "arekowczarek" scrolls through his code. I looked at it, and realized that maybe, just maybe, he pulled it off.

What a talent to be able to use Macro Express that way!

I hope "arekowczarek" makes the code available so that others can learn -- and draw inspiration -- from his expertise.

In my work, I meet a lot of people with upper body disabilities who would like to be able to play computer games, but cannot because of speed and/or coordination issues. I wonder how difficult it would be to modify the code to make the game speed adjustable.

Wow, no kidding. That's freaking awesome!

It sort of blows my mind just trying to imagine how the different bits of code might work...

I guess there must be a section of code for painting each shape. Must be a starting point at location [x,y] that advances to [x,(y+1)] and loops and "watches" for left/right arrow keys, changing [x+/-1] accordingly ... But didn't we determine that it's not possible to use individual key-presses in logic functions?????

Wow, no kidding. That's freaking awesome!

It sort of blows my mind just trying to imagine how the different bits of code might work...

I guess there must be a section of code for painting each shape. Must be a starting point at location [x,y] that advances to [x,(y+1)] and loops and "watches" for left/right arrow keys, changing [x+/-1] accordingly ... But didn't we determine that it's not possible to use individual key-presses in logic functions?????

If you watch closely, it looks like the mouse pointer is following the blocks as they move down. The logic may be tied to Mouse Position. If the player moves the mouse left or right, the block moves accordingly. I could be wrong, of course, I'd kind of like to see the code, but I'm afraid to ask him :)

• 9 months later...
I just noticed on ISS's site a link to a video where a guy wrote a macro to play
, has anyone else here seen this? Talk about a macro God! Is this one of the forum members?

Hello Everyone :)

I just registered an account on this forum. Never heard of it until today, when I analized where people accessed the vid on youtube from. That's how I got here :). Upon reading the comments I decided to set up an account here, basically to say Big Thanks for all the favourable comments :)

As for the source code for the tetris it is available for download from youtube. Believe me or not, but the source code looks pretty lame when I look at it myself, would have changed A LOT if I was to write it again, probably reduced it's length by half. On the other hand I was so anxious to make it work that I didn't pay enough attention to code source optimalization - that's my excuse for untidy source code :)

Arekowczarek

Hello Everyone :)

I just registered an account on this forum. Never heard of it until today, when I analized where people accessed the vid on youtube from. That's how I got here :). Upon reading the comments I decided to set up an account here, basically to say Big Thanks for all the favourable comments :)

As for the source code for the tetris it is available for download from youtube. Believe me or not, but the source code looks pretty lame when I look at it myself, would have changed A LOT if I was to write it again, probably reduced it's length by half. On the other hand I was so anxious to make it work that I didn't pay enough attention to code source optimalization - that's my excuse for untidy source code :)

Arekowczarek

Welcome, Arekowczarek!

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason the attachment didn't take (the forum software didn't like the .RAR file format). Here is my 2nd try

TETRIS 2009 RC.mex

TETRIS 2009 READE ME.txt