Macro Express Forums

PGM and MEP

I'm having some trouble with PGM and MEP 4.0.4.1.

When I converted my old mex file, I guess it converted all the PGM macros as well. But now I'm getting an occasional cryptic error message (will post on that another time), and some behavior from {PGM Function} where it blast out crazy strings of character like this:

\x3c\x52\x45\x47\x57\x49\x4e\x54\x3a90\x3a\x48\x4b\x45\x59\x5f\x43\x55\x52\x52\x45\x4e\x54\x5f\x55\x53\x45\x52\x5c\x53of\x74\x77a\x72e\x5c\x50\x72ofe\x73\x73io\x6ea\x6c\x20\x47\x72ade\x20\x4dac\x72o\x73\x5c\x53\x77a\x70

...literally forever.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall PGM, and although the app disappears, the PGM macros are all still in my mex file. And they can't be deleted because they are password protected.

The PGM site says that, while PGM is optimized for ME3, they "can be imported" into MEP.

A little more info:

1. PGM was actually working more-or-less ok w/ MEP 4.0.2.1. The crazy characters and other behaviors started when I installed MEP 4.0.4.1

2. I still have ME3 installed because there are some macros I use that I have not ported over to MEP yet.

Might having ME3 installed affect how PGM behaves???

Help... :)

Jace

• 4 weeks later...

Bump. Any PGM people out there??

I'm having some trouble with PGM and MEP 4.0.4.1.

When I converted my old mex file, I guess it converted all the PGM macros as well. But now I'm getting an occasional cryptic error message (will post on that another time), and some behavior from {PGM Function} where it blast out crazy strings of character like this:

\x3c\x52\x45\x47\x57\x49\x4e\x54\x3a90\x3a\x48\x4b\x45\x59\x5f\x43\x55\x52\x52\x45\x4e\x54\x5f\x55\x53\x45\x52\x5c\x53of\x74\x77a\x72e\x5c\x50\x72ofe\x73\x73io\x6ea\x6c\x20\x47\x72ade\x20\x4dac\x72o\x73\x5c\x53\x77a\x70

...literally forever.

I tried to uninstall/reinstall PGM, and although the app disappears, the PGM macros are all still in my mex file. And they can't be deleted because they are password protected.

The PGM site says that, while PGM is optimized for ME3, they "can be imported" into MEP.

A little more info:

1. PGM was actually working more-or-less ok w/ MEP 4.0.2.1. The crazy characters and other behaviors started when I installed MEP 4.0.4.1

2. I still have ME3 installed because there are some macros I use that I have not ported over to MEP yet.

Might having ME3 installed affect how PGM behaves???

Help... :)

Jace

Bump. Any PGM people out there??

Is this the correct forum for PGM Functions Library posts? Should it be in Third Party Tools?

Were you able to contact someone at Professional Grade Macros via email? I'm not sure if support@pgmacros.com is valid. You might want to try joe at pgmacros.com.

A new version of the PGM Functions Library was recently released. The new version will install on Windows Vista and will install better with Macro Express Pro. Visit the PGM Functions Library download page.

• 2 weeks later...
Joe's your man on this one.

I reached Joe (he was on vvacation or something) and he steered me to the latest version of PGM (now free) which includes the source code. The new version doesn't exhibit the behavior I referenced in my original post. So I'm in good shape now.

But along the way I found that this line of code in the { String Example - Parse } causes problems:

<VARIABLE MODIFY STRING Option="\x0F" Destination="%T[97]%" ToReplace="\\" ReplaceWith="\\x5c" All="TRUE" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>

Could be that whatever required the PGM guys to include this was fixed in MEP somewhere along the way.

Removing that line of code allows the { String Example - Parse } macro to work correctly.

Thanks to everyone who helped steer me in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
I reached Joe (he was on vvacation or something) and he steered me to the latest version of PGM (now free) which includes the source code. The new version doesn't exhibit the behavior I referenced in my original post. So I'm in good shape now.

FREE ! I guess I'll have to give it a look (again). I have learn more from examples so seeing the source will make it a great addition.

Thanks for the tip.