Macro Express Forums

Window Activate - intermittent bug?

If I add a Window Activate command to the end of the macro I described in this thread about opening a Windows folder, it sometimes sorts it as well! Back to Name order, instead of the Modified order I keep it in. About one time in every ten. But as I use this frequently, that's irritatating. Anyone ever encounter similar behaviour please, or have any insights into what might be causing it?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

If I add a Window Activate command to the end of the macro I described in this thread about opening a Windows folder, it sometimes sorts it as well! Back to Name order, instead of the Modified order I keep it in. About one time in every ten. But as I use this frequently, that's irritatating. Anyone ever encounter similar behaviour please, or have any insights into what might be causing it?

--

When opening windows in windows explorer there is a default state for new windows and another state for existing windows. There is also some insanity with how it decides what is a new window, if you launch it from within a session from the file menu it will inherit certain views but new launched explorer.exe processes to view folders have a state in XP that you can set by going to tools > folder options > view and clicking 'apply to folders'... I think that dialogue has an explanation too... and I'm not sure how macro express goes about opening a folder to browse, probably by issuing c:\whatever\folder\ to shell.

I made some assumptions there and maybe that's a bit disorganized but suffice to say I think you need to look at the default views. Just a thought!

When opening windows in windows explorer there is a default state for new windows and another state for existing windows. There is also some insanity with how it decides what is a new window, if you launch it from within a session from the file menu it will inherit certain views but new launched explorer.exe processes to view folders have a state in XP that you can set by going to tools > folder options > view and clicking 'apply to folders'... I think that dialogue has an explanation too... and I'm not sure how macro express goes about opening a folder to browse, probably by issuing c:\whatever\folder\ to shell.

I made some assumptions there and maybe that's a bit disorganized but suffice to say I think you need to look at the default views. Just a thought!

Thanks, I'll tinker around along those lines to see if any clues to this unpredictability show up.

--