Macro Express Forums

ME lost ALL my work

eatc7402

well i opened ME today, and ALL the macro i hd been working are GONE.

no explanation, but the macros and catagories all dissapeared AFTER

running thee samples.nex file.

eatc7402

The Samples.mex file is a separate file from the one you were most likely building your macros in. You should search through your Macro Express folder to find the .mex where your work was saved. Unless you saved it somewhere else. In which case, you just have to look there.

I've been confused lots of times by missing ME files that weren't lost, just misplaced... by me.

It's scary, but what really sucks, is when your hard-drive crashes, and the last time you backed your macros up on your external drive was 2 months ago... and now you have 2 months worth of tweaks and improvements that just <poof!> and disappear.

The Samples.mex file is a separate file from the one you were most likely building your macros in. You should search through your Macro Express folder to find the .mex where your work was saved. Unless you saved it somewhere else. In which case, you just have to look there.

I've been confused lots of times by missing ME files that weren't lost, just misplaced... by me.

It's scary, but what really sucks, is when your hard-drive crashes, and the last time you backed your macros up on your external drive was 2 months ago... and now you have 2 months worth of tweaks and improvements that just <poof!> and disappear.

yes , you were correct, a search found the .mex file... in a ' strange' place

but it was found. I will 'adjust' my save a copy proceedures accordingly.

eatc7402