Macro Express Forums

cannot delete password protected macros

randallf

Hello,

I imported macros from someone else which are password protected. I want to delete these macros from my mex file but it will not allow me to without entering the password. I do not know the password.

How can I delete the macros? Why is this behavior even in place?

Thanks!

Password protected macros are meant to not only prevent someone editing them but also prevent users deleting them. This feature is useful for organizations that need to ensure specific macros remain in the macro file.

To remove macros if you do not know the password, create a new macro file and import all your desired macros into it.

Hello,

I imported macros from someone else which are password protected. I want to delete these macros from my mex file but it will not allow me to without entering the password. I do not know the password.

How can I delete the macros? Why is this behavior even in place?

Thanks!

Macros cannot delete password protected macros. I get an error saying the macro is locked when i try to do it. I attached my screen shot of the error.

I think the only thing you can do is export all your used macros to a new .mex file then just overwrite the old .mex file too.

Select the macros you wish to keep then:

File -> Export -> Export Macros.

Or create a new .mex file and import your macros both ways work :) enjoy.

post-4204-1248406223_thumb.jpg

The error message you're seeing implies to me some sort of network lock rather than a password problem. Do you have the network sharing settings disabled?

It's possible that Insight have changed this capability, but when I used ME3 I regularly deleted macros using code, even when the macro was password-protected, and I never knew any passwords because I generated the passwords via code from randomly-generated strings.

• 2 weeks later...
Macros cannot delete password protected macros. I get an error saying the macro is locked when i try to do it. I attached my screen shot of the error.

I think the only thing you can do is export all your used macros to a new .mex file then just overwrite the old .mex file too.

Select the macros you wish to keep then:

File -> Export -> Export Macros.

Or create a new .mex file and import your macros both ways work :) enjoy.

it looks like you are using vista. I was getting the same error when my .mex file was in: C:\Program Files\Macro Express3

try moving your .mex file to C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents

you will be able to use a macro to delete protected macros then

• 2 weeks later...