Macro Express Forums

IBM 3270 copy not writing to variable

Trixie

Hi,

I'm hoping the pros can help me with this one.

I have a macro that is running that basically copies the entire screen (looking for the screen to change...IBM 3270 is sooo slow) and save the screen data to my T1 variable. It looks for data in a specific position by column/row and when that data changes the macro moves on to the next command.

I have one user who runs macros that call the 'change screen' macro whose computer does not seem to be storing the screencap data to the T1 variable, so my error handling kicks in, even though her screen has refreshed. Using Macro Stop and debugging I can tell that the variable is not being written to the T1 field.

Several others use the code, myself included, with no problem.

Is this a timing issue (preferences are set the same) or potentially something else?

Thanks~

A timing problem is certainly possible. There are a number of threads on the forum about clipboard-copy issues and solutions to those issues. An easy way to diagnose this would be, on that one user's PC, to set the clipboard delay to a very high value temporarily, say 3000 ms (3 seconds). If that makes her PC work right (albeit slowly) then you have found the problem.

Does the problem PC have the same 3270 emulator brand and version as the PCs that are working?

A timing problem is certainly possible. There are a number of threads on the forum about clipboard-copy issues and solutions to those issues. An easy way to diagnose this would be, on that one user's PC, to set the clipboard delay to a very high value temporarily, say 3000 ms (3 seconds). If that makes her PC work right (albeit slowly) then you have found the problem.

Does the problem PC have the same 3270 emulator brand and version as the PCs that are working?

Same versioning on all applications. And I believe she even has a newer laptop...mine is probably a year or two older.

I will try your solution on Monday and see if it yields results.

Thanks for your response!