Jump to content
Macro Express Forums

Recycle Bin bugs?


Recommended Posts

In an attempt to do some tidying up I'm making a rare use of the Recycle Bin today. There seem to be several very basic bugs:

 

1. The Activation column doesn't sort properly

 

2. The Scope column doesn't sort properly

 

3. The 'Last Run Time' column is incorrect, reporting 'Never' for all macros, including a test macro I ran directly before deleting it.

 

4. The Find (Ctl+F) facility doesn't work. The 'hits' don't contain the target string. (The same function works OK in Explorer.)

 

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terry is onto something but I have my own observations to add. In the recycle bin there is always two columns appearing with the arrow indicating it's being used in sort. I believe the first arrow is permanently slaved to the Original File column and I could imagine why. This might account for some odd behavior but I too noticed some oddities when I had macros in there from only one file.

 

Activation and Scope appear to only work once in the descending order. Last Run Time is Never. Finally a find in some cases highlights the incorrect item. Now if I search for something not in the nickname of any of the files it highlights nothing but if I search for one particular string that does appear in a nickname it highlights the wrong macro. But not all the time. I was thinking it was counting to the wrong line based on the sort order but that doesn't seem to be the problem and I could find no case where it did one particular string correctly in any order.

 

Terry, you need to make a bugrep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Terry is onto something but I have my own observations to add. In the recycle bin there is always two columns appearing with the arrow indicating it's being used in sort. I believe the first arrow is permanently slaved to the Original File column and I could imagine why. This might account for some odd behavior but I too noticed some oddities when I had macros in there from only one file.

 

Activation and Scope appear to only work once in the descending order. Last Run Time is Never. Finally a find in some cases highlights the incorrect item. Now if I search for something not in the nickname of any of the files it highlights nothing but if I search for one particular string that does appear in a nickname it highlights the wrong macro. But not all the time. I was thinking it was counting to the wrong line based on the sort order but that doesn't seem to be the problem and I could find no case where it did one particular string correctly in any order.

 

Terry, you need to make a bugrep.

 

Done.

 

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I'll look into the activation and scope sorting. The last runtime column shouldn't even be visible. Also, I'll double-check the find function as well.

 

As for the two sort arrows, that's actually a function of the grid (and it's a third-party grid that we purchased from another company, so we didn't write it). What's happening is that the macros are being grouped by filename and that grouping sorted. This explains why the arrow appears on the filename column. The other sorting arrow is due to the sub-sorting on the column which the arrow appears over. So, really, the grid is being sorted by nickname (for example) within a sorting of the filename. I agree it's confusing, but I haven't found a way to turn it off, yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...