Macro Express Forums

Minimising MEP on boot-up?

I have my PC configured to run ME Pro when it boots up. In the Startup folder is a shortcut with target "C:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MacExp.exe". I have set the Run mode to Minimized. But it always comes up with ME Explorer open. I'm guessing there's some point I've missed? I know it only takes one click anyway, but how do I ensure it boots that way automatically please?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Cory. Hopefully next bootup will confirm that works OK.

--

ME Pro Explorer still doesn't start minimised. I assume that setting is only for ME Pro Editor.

Puzzling, because as I said in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I have Run set to Minimized.

--

ME Pro Explorer still doesn't start minimised. I assume that setting is only for ME Pro Editor.

Puzzling, because as I said in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup I have Run set to Minimized.

My MEP Startup options are as follows:

- Show the Spash Screen Unticked

- Show the quick start guide Unticked

- Show the editor Unticked

- Run when windows starts up Ticked

- Wait for n seconds before initializing the program Unticked

My Startup folder shows this:

"E:\Program Files\Macro Express Pro\MacExp.exe" normal window

MEP starts up minimized.

Problems with your system and config?...................

Terry you have reported several issues like this where others with the same settings are not seeing your behavior and it makes me wonder if you have some problems with your configuration. One thing that comes to mind is that MEP settings like this are stored in two places of the registry, HKCU and HKLM and they are checked in that order. IE if the setting is not found in HKCU it checks HKLM. But maybe you should consider installing MEP, cleaning up all the registry, files and such and reinstalling. I know in the beta program there were some changes, and issues with broken registry keys and I had to do it. It just sounds like you have some haywire things going on and starting from a clean slate might cure some of these ills.

Oh, almost forgot. You do not need to reboot to see if the fix is working. MEP starts by executing the shortcut in the startup group. Simply terminate MEP and launch that shortcut. IE it's the same as rebooting. Or at least it should be... :)

Oh, almost forgot. You do not need to reboot to see if the fix is working. MEP starts by executing the shortcut in the startup group. Simply terminate MEP and launch that shortcut. IE it's the same as rebooting. Or at least it should be... :)

I wonder if that's true. Doesn't MEP inist on rebooting after installing an updated version, even if all MEP processes are terminated before installation?

Reboot after update?............................

I wonder if that's true. Doesn't MEP inist on rebooting after installing an updated version...
I don't see any mention of this being a post upgrade first reboot issue. My comment is assuming normal operation. However even if it was an upgrade it would still act the same in terms of using the startup preferences. IE if you chose not to reboot and launched it MEP would launch per your settings, it just might not have access to the new MEHook.