Macro Express Forums

scheduled macro in network environment

stiguy04

I would like to run a scheduled macro on a network environment where we login under a terminal server. The macro file is on a shared network drive so each user has access to the same macros. My only question is, will this scheduled macro run on everybody's terminal session? How can I specify which session to run this on?

Thanks!

will this scheduled macro run on everybody's terminal session?

Yes.

How can I specify which session to run this on?

Use the Variable Set From Misc command to determine the Computer Name, User Name or Registered Owner. Then have your macro do something like this:

Set Variable %T1% to "Name of Machine"
Set Variable %T1% to "Username"
If Variable %T1% <> "OneMachine"
 Macro Stop
End If

You may also be able to use the Store Terminal Services Session ID command. This returns a numeric value for each session. The console is always session 0. If you use this command you will need to test to see whether or not the same session ID is assigned to the same computer each time.

Cool thanks. I'll give that shot!

Yes.

Use the Variable Set From Misc command to determine the Computer Name, User Name or Registered Owner. Then have your macro do something like this:

Set Variable %T1% to "Name of Machine"
Set Variable %T1% to "Username"
If Variable %T1% <> "OneMachine"
 Macro Stop
End If

You may also be able to use the Store Terminal Services Session ID command. This returns a numeric value for each session. The console is always session 0. If you use this command you will need to test to see whether or not the same session ID is assigned to the same computer each time.