Macro Express Forums

Macro express freezes when I try to put in "Macro Run" command

Deo85

Hey all I am wondering if any one ells has had this issue. I tried making a macro that simply allows me to access all the other macros on my machine. Instead of remembering 10 different binds :P Well I tried to add the command "Macro Run" but all that happens is Macro express hangs up and dose nothing. I am wondering if any one ells has had this same issue. I know this is the right command because I used it on my other machine but suddenly it just dose not want to work on my laptop.

Any help would be awesome thank you all.

Hey all I am wondering if any one ells has had this issue. I tried making a macro that simply allows me to access all the other macros on my machine. Instead of remembering 10 different binds :P Well I tried to add the command "Macro Run" but all that happens is Macro express hangs up and dose nothing. I am wondering if any one ells has had this same issue. I know this is the right command because I used it on my other machine but suddenly it just dose not want to work on my laptop.

Any help would be awesome thank you all.

My first suggestion is to check the spelling of the macro in the "Macro Run" command. If there is any variation at all, the macro will fail. I've had this problem when I've changed the name of the target macro but forgot to change it in the Macro Run command.

I tried to add the command "Macro Run" but all that happens is Macro express hangs up and dose nothing.

It sounds like the window that allows you to choose the macro to run is underneath the editor window. It could also be off the screen. If it is off the screen you can press Alt-Space and M. Then use the arrow keys to move the dialog around until you can see it.

It sounds like the window that allows you to choose the macro to run is underneath the editor window. It could also be off the screen. If it is off the screen you can press Alt-Space and M. Then use the arrow keys to move the dialog around until you can see it.

Scasper - this would make sense if I could get past simply trying to add in the command but I am stuck at just putting it in.

Tried this but as soon as I double click on "Macro Run" Macro Express - Scripting Editor - [Macro Name] freezes. If I click off the box onto something ells up then I can not click back onto the editor as it is now grayed out on the top and dose nor respond. I can still run any macros I all ready have set up through there short cuts. I also looked into task manager to see if it said "Not responding" but its simply saying "Running" so the program thinks its functioning correctly but locked me out of the editor.

Its as if this function hits a problem in the code of the program and just stops responding. Is there any form of a repair I can run on the software short of re installing it?

Tried this but as soon as I double click on "Macro Run" Macro Express - Scripting Editor - [Macro Name] freezes. If I click off the box onto something ells up then I can not click back onto the editor as it is now grayed out on the top and dose nor respond. I can still run any macros I all ready have set up through there short cuts. I also looked into task manager to see if it said "Not responding" but its simply saying "Running" so the program thinks its functioning correctly but locked me out of the editor.

Its as if this function hits a problem in the code of the program and just stops responding. Is there any form of a repair I can run on the software short of re installing it?

It still sounds like the window is coming up behind the editor. When it seems that Macro Express has 'locked up' Press Alt-Space, M. Then press and hold the arrow keys to move the window underneath the editor window.

Edited by kevin

I just saw a crash report with the same description as the problem you are describing. Is that from you? Does Macro Express crash or freeze?

If it seems to freeze then the problem is likely that the 'Macro Run' dialog is coming up underneath the editor. If it is crashing, the issue is completely different.