Macro Express Forums

A call to curtail a few annoyances

Last call.

So do you all agree I should write up a few of these in a succinct email and ask Joe if he will pin them? And if so are there any other things we would like to add? I just thought of one more and that was search before asking a question.

It couldn't hurt... and I don't think it would be too difficult for him to pin such an email/post. Probably a lot easier than fixing the broken codeboxes.

Until now I have stayed out of this discussion because this is a 'user' forum. I do have an opinion about one thing. When I see macro script or macro code that is not contained within code tags, I give that topic less attention and, depending on how much time I have at that moment, I often stop reading right then. It is the user's choice whether or not to use the code tags but if you want me to read the issue you should use code tags (for both macro script and macro code). Just sayin.

The 'codebox' '\codebox' tags have the horizontal scrolling bug but the 'code' '\code' tags do not. I have at times edited someone else's codebox tags to code tags to make their post readable.

It seems that the point of this entire topic can be summed up this way: You are asking others to spend their time and effort to read, understand and respond to your issue. You should make it as easy as possible for them. The more effort you put in, the more effort we will put in.

It seems that the point of this entire topic can be summed up this way: You are asking others to spend their time and effort to read, understand and respond to your issue. You should make it as easy as possible for them. The more effort you put in, the more effort we will put in.

Well expressed. And, of course, when you submit an issue, if you can also manage to provide the solution then that will make Kevin's life even easier! :)

Hear, hear

I think the opening line should echo Kevin's sentiment. That is if you want to frustrate the long time forum experts and sit around wondering why your questions don't get answered don't follow these suggestions.