Macro Express Forums

Multiple Choice Menu

When selecting "Multiple Choice" in the Multiple choice menu, is there an easy way to add a carriage return on each selected option?

Example:

Text Variable: %Things To Do%

A - Go to the store

B - Go to the gym

C - Go out to eat

D - Play chess

Text Type: Here is a list of things I would like to do today:

%Things To Do%

This, assuming all items are selected, will type out:

Here is a list of things I would like to do today:

Go to the storeGo to the gymGo out to eatPlay chess

I want it to look like this:

Here is a list of things I would like to do today:

Go to the store

Go to the gym

Go out to eat

Play chess

I know I could build a bunch of "If" sequences to parse it out, and add CR/LFs that way, but if the list is of any size at all, the macro will quickly become long and extremely tedious.

I built a %CRLF% variable:

Variable Set to ASCII Char 13 to %CRLF%

Variable Set to ASCII Char 10 to %T[1]%

Variable Modify String %CRLF%: Append Text String Variable (%T[1]%)

and tried attaching that to each item in the multi-choice menu, but the results were identical the quote above, as though the macro completely ignored the %CRLF% string within the choices.

Anyway, that's where I am, and what I'm hoping to accomplish. Thanks for any help.

Silly simple solution.........................

Add two spaces on the end of each item. After selection replace all instances of two spaces with a CRLF. Or put a period on the end and do similar.

Silly simple solution.........................

Add two spaces on the end of each item. After selection replace all instances of two spaces with a CRLF. Or put a period on the end and do similar.

Oh man... that is so brilliant it makes me want to weep.

Still, a checkbox option within the command would be nice. Not that there aren't plenty of bigger fish to fry with regards to the multiple choice menus right now.

Thanks Cory. Headache: averted.

Sleazy solutions are perversely satisfying to me for some reason. I feel like I've invented a system for beating the roulette table. But I agree that a 'proper' solution would be better. A delimiter is a good idea and very similar to my idea of array output. You should add that to my feature request. I could see applications for both.

Another thought on our feature requests..................

If we go solely with my feature request instead of yours we could get to what you need in one command Join String as it has the option for a delimiter.