Macro Express Forums

Change size of Window

I'm trying to change the size and location of a window.

Note: :unsure: No need to read the following three messages by amerifax, unless you want to tell be why (Current Window) is the fix for my problem. I sure would like to know. At least Current Window has me up and running.

Launch Program and Activate Window: Program "treepadxenterprise.exe", Parameters "", Window "TreePad X Enterprise"

Wait for Window Title: TreePad X Enterprise

Window Resize: TreePad X Enterprise 384 Gb (single user) Size: 880, 600

Window Reposition: TreePad X Enterprise Position: 2716, 418

<LAUNCH PROGRAM AND ACTIVATE WINDOW Title="TreePad X Enterprise" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Path="C:\\PRG\\Office\\TreePadXSU\\treepadxenterprise.exe" Mode="\x00" Default_Path="TRUE" Wait="1" Wait_For_Program="7"/>

<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="TreePad X Enterprise" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0"/>

<WINDOW RESIZE Option="\x01" Title="TreePad X Enterprise" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Method="\x00" Width="880" Height="600" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

<WINDOW REPOSITION Option="\x01" Title="TreePad X Enterprise" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Method="\x00" Left="2716" Top="418" Monitor="1" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

It loads the window but will not change size or location. No matter if I try to change location to monitor 1 or 2. I do want it on my right monitor #2.

Bob

I made a change:

Launch Program and Activate Window: Program "treepadxenterprise.exe", Parameters "", Window "TreePad X Enterprise"

Wait for Window Title: TreePad X Enterprise

Window Resize: TreePad X Enterprise Size: 880, 600

Window Reposition: TreePad X Enterprise Move to the bottom-left corner

a. The result was an open window of TreePad on the left monitor.

b. A frome of the window, TreePad on the left monitor, where it should be.

It is to the proper size and placement. But it's just a frame which has the TreePad name in upper left part of the frame as it should be.

When I close the window of TreePad that's on the left monitor, original location, it also closes the replacement window on the right monitor. Remember the window of TreePad on the right monitor is noting more than a Frame, nothing in the middle except for the main window backgroung (Blue).

Bob

I have noticed that if i open TreePad manualy, no macro the following takes place.

Tree pad, after it opens, wants to place it's self it the closing position and it the size it was when last closed.

I shorted it down to:

Delay: 4 seconds

Window Reposition: TreePad X Enterprise Move to the bottom-left corner

Here is what I get:

TreePad open's it's self basted on the above condition but does not place it's self on the right monitor,"1".

Fact: when opened manualy TreePad opens. Than it changes to another window to last open position and size than closes the original window. A 8 second delay don't even have an effect.

Bob