Macro Express Forums

Menus cannot contain 43 entries

When I add a 43rd macro (any macro) to any pop-up menu it locks up MEP, using 100% of my CPU and has to be forcibly closed in XP Pro Task Manager. 42 works fine, 43 - crash.

I reported this 6 weeks ago but have had no word on a fix, or indeed if it's even being worked on. Does anyone else have a similar problem, or able to reproduce it please?

Some of my applications have so many hotkey shorcuts of their own that a menu approach for macro activation is almost essential. In any case I'm coming to prefer menus over hotkeys (and unreliable shorkeys). So this restriction of 42 entries is frustrating. :(

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Check my post about a call to end annoyances.............................................

I suggest you create a simple sample macro file that contains 43 macros plus two menu macros that demonstrate your problem so that forum members can easily test.

Personally I never get that many but it would be interesting to see. Normally if I have a lot I will indent submenus in the Windows default menu for that flyout menu function. Does the 43’rd bug happen when you use submenus?

Pleased to report that I've just heard from Stan at ISS by email that a fix for this bug will appear in the next version.

He adds: "The problem occurs in the current version because of the accelerator keys assigned. It starts duplicating the keys after 42 and causes havoc. With the new fix, after the 42 accelerator keys are assigned, Macro Express will not assign any accelerator keys to subsequent macros in the menu."

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK