Macro Express Forums

Why this error?

I have a macro activated by a suffix type shortkey (i.e. shortkey followed by Space or Enter). I want to run it when I have an Activation entry selected under the Activation tab for any macro, such as in this example:

post-1217-1258820311_thumb.jpg

But it can never work properly because the first thing it does is select the entry above. So it's no longer acting on the targeted entry. This happens for all the shortkey characters I've tried and for any script! The following simple one line macro, activated by any shortkey (xx, xyz, whatever), immediately highlights the entry above. ?

Text Box Display: Instructions

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Instructions" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 This macro can never work properly because the first thing it does is select the entry above. So it's no longer acting on the targeted entry.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

Anyone have any idea what's happening please. Looks like a bug to me.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

A quick thought.

I don't have time right now to test this but have you considered that you might be hitting an accelerator key at some point in your short key sequence? And this is highlighting the first entry? EG at some point you type a "d" and it moves to the first entry that starts with D?

Again another reason I think hot keys are better than short keys.

A quick thought.

I don't have time right now to test this but have you considered that you might be hitting an accelerator key at some point in your short key sequence? And this is highlighting the first entry? EG at some point you type a "d" and it moves to the first entry that starts with D?

Again another reason I think hot keys are better than short keys.

Thanks, but no it's not that. The only way of manually getting the first of those two activation entries selected, Shortkey: data, instead of the highlighted one, Mouse Event: Left Button is (as you'd expect) to type 's'. But whatever shortkey I use, starting with any character, the macro always does so.

I think this is another shortkey bug, but I'll hang around to see if anyone can reproduce it.

Meanwhile I've changed to a hotkey. But I'm rapidly running out of combinations I havent used already! In case anyone's curious, I wanted to use the shortkey anim for this, as its purpose is to repeatedly animate the mouse cursor around the rectangle specified in the activation, to quickly remind me where I'm supposed to click! :rolleyes: Lately I'm adding a descriptive comment to remind me, but for many of my earlier Mouse Event macros I didn't think to do that.

I'm guessing that the inherent problems of shortkeys combined with the slightly unusual nature of this macro (operating on another macro's specification, within Script Editor) may be too much for ME Pro!

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK