Macro Express Forums

Macro Completion Speed

patgenn123

Hello everyone,

I use Macro Express as an alarm to wake me up in the morning. I have 7 songs loaded and it takes approximately 20 minute to complete.

However, I was wondering if anyone knows how to load the macro in memory so the macro runs without interfering with other macros. In other words, load the whole macro instantly and completely into memory and move on to the next macro so it can play.

Right now, the "running man" is in the system tray for 20 minutes playing my "wake up" macro and nothing else can run until this macro completes its 20 minute cycle.

Pat

However, I was wondering if anyone knows how to load the macro in memory so the macro runs without interfering with other macros. In other words, load the whole macro instantly and completely into memory and move on to the next macro so it can play.

Right now, the "running man" is in the system tray for 20 minutes playing my "wake up" macro and nothing else can run until this macro completes its 20 minute cycle.

This is very easy. Upgrade to Macro Express Pro! Otherwise you cannot achieve what you want.

Not something I would do as I'm not musically (or generally) appreciative first thing. I would go a different route using an mp3 player. I'm sure you can do this with most players - I tried it out with WinAmp:

Create a playlist (eg .m3u) of your faves in the player (add files to a New List and Save the list)

Schedule ME to run the specific playlist (m3u) file at the time (you will have to select All Files in Program Launch to see the .m3u files*)

Windows will run the playlist (m3u) file in your default player (WinAmp happens to be that for m3u files on my Pc)

This had the advantages:

ME runs the macro for a fraction of a second

You can make several playlists and get ME to choose one at random

You can take advantage of the player's customization such as Shuffle, Loop (or not)

* to open any non-exe file in Windows that has a default application, Program Launch the actual file whether jpg, txt or mp3 etc. It will open in the default application.