Macro Express Forums

Menu toggle problem

I have a macro which either enables or disables a system tray menu. Up until a couple of weeks ago it worked fine. Now when it is run, a system tray menu does not appear, but it shows as enabled. Has anyone had a similiar problem?

Yes, in various operating systems, including my present XP Pro.

Sometimes it's easily fixed by disabling the feature (in the application's Options), closing it, restarting and re-enabling.

But if that doesn't fix it, I suggest you provide full details, including the macro code, otherwise we're just guessing.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I have a macro which either enables or disables a system tray menu. Up until a couple of weeks ago it worked fine. Now when it is run, a system tray menu does not appear, but it shows as enabled. Has anyone had a similiar problem?

This is a known issue in version 4.1.5.1 and has been fixed. Look for a new version soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Yes, in various operating systems, including my present XP Pro.

Sometimes it's easily fixed by disabling the feature (in the application's Options), closing it, restarting and re-enabling.

But if that doesn't fix it, I suggest you provide full details, including the macro code, otherwise we're just guessing.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I was not able to identify the feature in options that you referred to. But below is the macro code for the two macros in question. Thanks for your help.

<DW 2/27/2010 10:03 PM: Toggle Finance Menu >

<COMMENT Value="==============================================="/>

<COMMENT Value="MACRO INITIALIZE COMMANDS"/>

<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x00" Destination="%ME3FILE%" Value="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex"/>

<MACRO PLAYBACK SPEED Speed="1"/>

<KEYSTROKE SPEED Delay="200"/>

<CAPS LOCK Action="Off"/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT Value="TOGGLE FINANCE MENU"/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT Value="==========================================================="/>

<COMMENT Value="MENU NAME STORED IN VARIABLE strMenuName"/>

<COMMENT/>

<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x00" Destination="%strMenuName%" Value="Finance Menu"/>

<MACRO RUN Use_ID="FALSE" Name="Menu Toggle" ID="-1" Wait="TRUE" Path="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex" _FORE="00000000"/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT Value="==========================================================="/>

<COMMENT/>

======================

<DW 2/27/2010 10:04 PM: Menu Toggle >

<COMMENT Value="MACRO INITIALIZE COMMANDS"/>

<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x00" Destination="%ME3FILE%" Value="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex"/>

<MACRO PLAYBACK SPEED Speed="1"/>

<KEYSTROKE SPEED Delay="200"/>

<CAPS LOCK Action="Off"/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT/>

<COMMENT Value="This is to toggle Other menu on/off"/>

<IF MACRO Option="\x00" Filename="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex" MacroName="%strMenuName%"/>

<MACRO DISABLE File="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex" Name="%strMenuName%" _BACK="00FFFFFF"/>

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Menu Toggle" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang1033{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 %strMenuName%\\f1 is being disabled\\f0 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="698" Top="45" Width="278" Height="111" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

<ELSE/>

<MACRO ENABLE File="C:\\Dick\\MacroExpress Macros\\MacroExpPro - Home\\WhitePro.mex" Name="%strMenuName%" _BACK="00FFFFFF"/>

<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="Menu Toggle" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang1033{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 %strMenuName%\\f1 is being enabled\\f0 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="698" Top="45" Width="278" Height="111" Monitor="0" OnTop="FALSE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>

<END IF/>

<COMMENT/>

• 2 weeks later...
The last section refers to the "Other" menu. What is that?

Further up the page you set %strMenuName% to "Finance Menu" before running the toggle macro. Is that the same thing as "Other"?

The page has the code for two separate macros. At the top of the page is a macro which calls the macro in the bottom part. The comment text 'This is to toggle Other menu on/off' is to indicate that string %strMenuName% contains the name of the menu to be enabled or disabled, depending on its current status.

If you cannot wait for the next rev, you can toggle the system tray menu using ME Explorer. It works where the Macro Disable command does not, closing the menu in the tray. You seem to get the opposite, menu enabled but does not appear. This is really crude and needs ME Explorer to be open. The code below will toggle "MenuA" in the mex file that is currently selected:

Window Activate: Macro Express Pro Explorer
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <HOME>
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>s
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER>
Wait for Window Title: Search
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): MenuA
Delay: 0.1 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ENTER>
Delay: 0.1 seconds
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ESC>
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): <ALT>m
Text Type (Simulate Keystrokes): b
Window Minimize: Macro Express Pro - Explorer

<WINDOW ACTIVATE Title="Macro Express Pro Explorer" Exact_Match="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<HOME>"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>s"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>"/>
<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="Search" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="5"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="MenuA"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="0.1"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ENTER>"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x01" Time="0.1"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ESC>"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="<ALT>m"/>
<TEXT TYPE Action="0" Text="b"/>
<WINDOW MINIMIZE Option="\x01" Title="Macro Express Pro - Explorer" Partial="TRUE" Wildcards="FALSE" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

Add/modify delays as needed. The Text Box displays may be more of a problem (if really needed).