Macro Express Forums

Win 2K OS won't load MacExp from CD using VMware

Running windows 2000 professional in the VMware Fusion Virtual Machine on my Macbook Pro, but the scripts to load Macro Express into Windows 2000, from the original Insight Software Solutions software CD for Macro Express do not respond.

The CD states that this version of Macro Express was designed to run on Windows 2000. Windows 2000 on the virtual machine will not recognize the application go.exe. Also, Win 2000 takes about 5 to 8 minutes just to read the directory of the macro express install CD.

Have not yet tried updating the Windows 2000 OS to service pack 2, 3 or 4.

Have successfully loaded into VWware, other applications that are compatible with Windows 2000 Professional operating system.

• 1 year later...

Dave,

Win2k is my long standing favorite OS. Upgrade it to service pack 4, it needs it. This may or may not help w/ your issue.

I am using VMWare on Win7 64 bit just so I can still run win2k for special apps. and old times.

I don't have a ME Cd. I usually install things by dumping the install files for the app into a shared (shared w/ win 2k inside VMware) folder. Them move to a "native" win 2k folder then install. That last step prevents the app installer from working directly from a shared folder...reaching back into the 64 bit system.

Macs I dunno about---

Running windows 2000 professional in the VMware Fusion Virtual Machine on my Macbook Pro, but the scripts to load Macro Express into Windows 2000, from the original Insight Software Solutions software CD for Macro Express do not respond.

The CD states that this version of Macro Express was designed to run on Windows 2000. Windows 2000 on the virtual machine will not recognize the application go.exe. Also, Win 2000 takes about 5 to 8 minutes just to read the directory of the macro express install CD.

Have not yet tried updating the Windows 2000 OS to service pack 2, 3 or 4.

Have successfully loaded into VWware, other applications that are compatible with Windows 2000 Professional operating system.