Macro Express Forums

Starting backups using Macro Express???

Wolters

Hi,

Before starting to try out myself and see if possible, I wanted to listen to you first and see if this backup task scenario could be accomplish with Macro Express?

The goal is to have Acronis True Image to perform a backup, BUT only when a specific NAS-unit is present.

This is because Acronis True Image cannot itself skip a scheduled backup if the specified target (NAS-drive) is not present. As the backup job will be performed from a laptop which is often on the "road", I would like to create a macro that checks the network to determind if a specific NAS-drive (and folder on this drive) is present, and if so, only then starts Acronis and have Acronis perform a "manual" backup instead. If the NAS-drive is not present (equals laptop is not connected to the office LAN), than Macro Express does nothing.

So if you just could say yes or no, I will know if I should purchase another licence or not ;-)

Thanks!

Dag