Macro Express Forums

Best Resources To Learn, Videos?

I want to improve in using macro express. In your opinion where can I find the best places to do this. Are there any other books besides the macroexpress explained book and are there any other video tutorials or super forum discussions that I can use as a general reference. I work with the internet so I am very interested entering data to web sites and most importantly error checking for online data entry. I know how to put the data in, but there is not much with error checking.

Basically I am looking for the best resource spot I can use to learn macroexpress.

Thanks,

k

I want to improve in using macro express. In your opinion where can I find the best places to do this. Are there any other books besides the macroexpress explained book and are there any other video tutorials or super forum discussions that I can use as a general reference. I work with the internet so I am very interested entering data to web sites and most importantly error checking for online data entry. I know how to put the data in, but there is not much with error checking.

Basically I am looking for the best resource spot I can use to learn macroexpress.

Thanks,

k

Hi kmaster, and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have Joe's book, which is a good start, although it's 6 years old and is for ME3, so doesn't cover the new features of ME Pro.

My recommendation would be to use this forum (and the ME3 forum when appropriate) as the basis for your learning, as I did.

One way would be to step your way methodically through the archives in date sequence. Another would be to use the Search tool to find threads on subjects of particular interest, such as those you mention.

In either case the key IMO is to write and test macro examples in parallel with your reading. You can't do too much of that. Set up a few categories in MEP Explorer to organise you work. Come back to macros later that you couldn't understand or get working first time round. Experiment, then experiment some more! ;)

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I want to improve in using macro express. In your opinion where can I find the best places to do this.

On the Support page you will find links to a number of resources to help, including videos, sample macros and newsletters. And, as Terry pointed out, this forum is a great resource.

In addition to Kevin's and Terry's advice I would like to point out there is a sample macro file that comes with MEP in it's install folder. Also on the support page has some good resources including videos. I highly suggest checking out the one on ASCII File Process tutorial to drive your data entry macros. Check my page too if you like some other reading. I haven't done much there since ME4 but there but you might check out some of the things I have written and come back to them later when you think they might apply. additionally I have made a few different posts here in recent memory discussing web page entry so you might search for some of them. And finally I'm always available to write, help you develop to tutor you personally. Contact me thru my web page or PM to discuss rates and such. I advise several people this way and I think they find that 10 minutes of advice from me can often save them several hours of learning the hard way and it's we'll worth it if you value your time. And of course this forum has some great members that are happy to help for free.

Good luck!

Thanks guys for your valuable input and offers. I will do as you suggested and try to train this 2 hours a week. I think then I will start to see real results soon. And Cory you will get a Pm from me. I could use some real support in this.

Thanks again,

K

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the MacExp Explained book will be re-published for MEpro? Or what kind of timeline there is?

I originally hoped so too, but I rather doubt it now. There have been a few similar enquiries over the last 18 months or so, since ME Pro's release, such as mine here. But there's been no feedback from Joe or ISS.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Does anyone know if the MacExp Explained book will be re-published for MEpro? Or what kind of timeline there is?

There is no active plan in the works that I know of. Joe is very busy with more important matters right now and I doubt he has any serious plan to ever write an MEP book. So it would be up to someone else I think and being such a niche market it's not likely to be profitable for whoever does. I might consider it but someone would have to subsidize it.