Macro Express Forums

Wait Web Page

rafaelxc

Guys i'm new with macro express i use another macro program ,but a friend of mine introduced me to the program and think that it can be better to what i need...

so let me explain and see if you can help me out!

I have a "master" macro that runs "run macro" calling a macro that logs in in a web site and the master macro calls another macro that a called "standard"

and i keep doing that for 20 macros, and repeating 9999999 times :D

so it like that:

1-log with nick 1

2-standard

3-log with nick 2

4-standard

etc...

and my problems are that i use the "wait for web page" but sometimes the web page is loaded but not 100% is missing a jpg image something like that and it could continue normally but its keeping waiting the webpage to load 100% but it doenst load never...so after 10 minutes crashes....

and the other thing that i would like to have is that my macro never crashes if something goes wrong it start allover again..so my macro never stops...

i hope you understand what i want

another thing is i cant use the windows title because it doenst changes and if my web page isnt loaded the window title is there , so it wouldnt be useful to me

sorry for my bad english

Welcome to the forum rafaelxc -

There are three choices, as I see it:

1. Try using the Web Site command with the Wait for Web Page checkbox checked instead of the Wait for Web Page command.
  2. Use the Get Pixel Color command in a loop. Set the loop to keep looping until the pixel changes color. The pixel of course, would be located all the way to the right of the progress bar in the IE window.
  3. Create an external program, like Windows Script, to launch IE and navigate to your required URL. A loop could be used to wait until the wscript.exe program ends, meaning that the web page has fully loaded.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forum rafaelxc -

There are three choices, as I see it:

1. Try using the Web Site command with the Wait for Web Page checkbox checked instead of the Wait for Web Page command.
  2. Use the Get Pixel Color command in a loop. Set the loop to keep looping until the pixel changes color. The pixel of course, would be located all the way to the right of the progress bar in the IE window.
  3. Create an external program, like Windows Script, to launch IE and navigate to your required URL. A loop could be used to wait until the wscript.exe program ends, meaning that the web page has fully loaded.

Hope this helps.

thank you

but the problem is sometimes the page do not load 100% and i would like that macro express do not abort in a error!!!

That is a way????

What about you time it out?

Would this work? - Set your own time for the Timed Display Box

If Program Name "iexplore.exe" is running

Terminate Process: "IEXPLORE.EXE"

Wait Program Terminate: "IEXPLORE.EXE"

End If

Repeat Start (Repeat 50 times)

Variable Set String %T2% "http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&client=REAL-tb"

Web Site: %T2% [internet Explorer]

Date/Time: Save "hhnnssz" into %T1%

Text Box Display: Dummy Delay Window %T1%

Wait for Web Page: "%T2%"

OR

Wait Window Lose Focus: "Dummy Delay Window %T1%"

If Window Title "Dummy Delay Window %T1%" is on top

Text Box Display: Web loaded

Else

Text Box Display: Gave up

End If

Window Close: " - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

Wait Program Terminate: "IEXPLORE.EXE"

Repeat End

<IFOTH:06:1:iexplore.exe><TERMPROC:001000:1:F:IEXPLORE.EXE><WAITPROG2:000010:000000:IEXPLORE.EXE><ENDIF><REP3:01:000001:000001:00050:1:01:><TVAR2:02:01:http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=navclient&client=REAL-tb><HTTP2:2:F:%T2%><DT:hhnnsszT:01:1:><TBOX4:T:5:000713000081000283000084:015:Dummy Delay Window %T1%Time out Web Page Wait><WAITWEB2:000010:000000:%T2%><OR><WAITWLF2:000010:000000:Dummy Delay Window %T1%><IFOTH:03:1:Dummy Delay Window %T1%><TBOX4:T:2:CenterCenter000278000200:001:Web loaded...go on with macro><ELSE><TBOX4:F:2:CenterCenter000278000200:001:Gave up...go on with macro><ENDIF><WCLS: - Microsoft Internet Explorer><WAITPROG2:000010:000000:IEXPLORE.EXE><ENDREP>

Randall

(EDIT - Floyd , Is there a better way to do this?)

EDIT 2 - Sorry, changed this a number of times; hopefully works now more than once!

Getting it to start again if it gives a crash message is a problem though - anyone?

Edited by randallc