Macro Express Forums

I just want to Left Click

I can use my right hand to position the mouse pointer over a checkbox, icon, button, control, etc.

But right now, I can't use my right hand fingers to click the mouse buttons.

All I want is to position the pointer with my right hand, and use my left to press [Alt+Z] to Left-Click or [Alt+X] to double-left-click.

I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works. All I get is a little beep.

Please, any ideas?

Show us how you scripted the two commands. These should be straightforward in Macro Express, something like this for one:

Mouse Left Click

And this for the other:

Mouse Left Double Click

Also, try changing the hotkeys to, say, F1 and F2. This is purely a debugging move. Sometimes there are problems when assigning a modifier key + character, especially if "Wait for the Hotkey to be released before activating" is unchecked.

Thank you both. Apparently this [Alt+Z} macro and a double-click version [Alt+Shift+Z] work fine everywhere except in WordPerfect:

<MACRO PLAYBACK SPEED Speed="1"/>

<MOUSE LEFT CLICK/>

Can't find any conflicts. WordPerfect is not using [Alt+z] and switching to [Alt+FunctionKey] does not help either.

Its strange, but when I highlight an icon in a WordPerfect toolbar and press [Alt+Z], it just makes a 'thunk' sound.

Any further insight would be appreciated.

Jeff

Some programs treat a mouse click differently than a mouse click when the ALT key is held down. When your Alt-z macro sends the mouse click, WordPerfect sees 'Alt Key Down' and 'Mouse Click'. I do not know if this is the case with Word Perfect but it is a possible explanation.

Try to see if Ctl+z acts the same way. Also you could see if using something like F11 works. If that works you might have success if you add a Text Type 'Alt-Up' to your macro before the mouse click command.

Thank you.

Your answer seemed totally logical, but wordperfect still mostly ignores it.

Buttons in WP Dialog Boxes. I just discovered that the [Alt+Z] macro works fine on buttons in WP dialog boxes.

Toolbar Icons in Other Programs. It works fine on Toolbar Icons in IE, Adobe Reader, TimeMatters, etc.

WP Toolbar Icons. Maybe there is something odd about the WordPerfect toolbar icons? When I hit the hotkey while hovering over a toolbar icon, WP usually ignores it. Sometimes, but not always, if I hit the hotkey, pause, and hit it again, WP takes it as a left click.

Mean something?

Jeff

Perhaps WP is intercepting all Alt and Ctrl key presses, thus preventing your macros from working.

As an experiment, try changing your hotkey to ; (the semicolon key alone), without any other key combo. If that works, then you'll need to find a hotkey combo without Alt and Ctrl.

Perhaps WP is intercepting all Alt and Ctrl key presses, thus preventing your macros from working.

As an experiment, try changing your hotkey to ; (the semicolon key alone), without any other key combo. If that works, then you'll need to find a hotkey combo without Alt and Ctrl.

Thanks.

That was a good idea.....but alas, it dooes not work either.

Jeff

Thanks.

That was a good idea.....but alas, it dooes not work either.

Jeff

Does any hotkey work? Such as F1 ... F12, Ctl+F1 .... Ctl+F12, Shift+Ctl+0 ... Shift+Ctl+9, Shift+Ctl+F1 ... Shift+Ctl+F12, Win+0 ... Win+9, Ctl+Win+1 ... etc, etc.

How about a shortkey? (Try both Prefix and Suffix types)?

Did you try a simple delay directly before and/or after the reluctant command?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Does any hotkey work? Such as F1 ... F12, Ctl+F1 .... Ctl+F12, Shift+Ctl+0 ... Shift+Ctl+9, Shift+Ctl+F1 ... Shift+Ctl+F12, Win+0 ... Win+9, Ctl+Win+1 ... etc, etc.

How about a shortkey? (Try both Prefix and Suffix types)?

Did you try a simple delay directly before and/or after the reluctant command?

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thank you. None of those helped, but you gave me an idea.

It seems that doing the hotkey twice works, but programming two left clicks does not.