Macro Express Forums

Mouse Locator Issue

Sandle

I just reloaded Macro Express 3.5e on my new Windows 7 hard drive, from a Windows XP hard drive.

I've gotten my first macro imported and running fine. But when I tried to change it and use my mouse locator I ran into an issue. My mouse locator just freezes up as soon as I start it, everytime. I have to Task Manager out of the mouse locator at this point.

Any ideas on what I can do to get the mouse locator to work again?

Thanks!

Macro Express 3.5e is not certified to work on Windows 7. Do this:

Since you installed an incompatible version of Macro Express on your Windows 7 computer, your computer will contain several virtual areas in the registry and on the hard drive. These virtual areas are removed if you uninstall the latest version of Macro Express.

1. Download the latest version of Macro Express from www.macros.com/download.htm and save it to your hard drive.
  2. Uninstall the previous version of Macro Express.
  3. Reboot (to remove parts of Macro Express that may still be running).
  4. Install the latest version of Macro Express (downloaded in step #1 above).
  5. Uninstall the newly installed version of Macro Express. This cleans up the virtual areas created by Windows.
  6. Reboot (again, to remove parts of Macro Express that may still be running).
  7. Reinstall Macro Express

You will need to reenter the license information you received when you purchased a license for Macro Express and the preferences you may have set.