Macro Express Forums

Multiple Choice Modify Variable

Hello all!

I want to add/append a "TAB" ASCII character to every multiple choice item chosen so that when looking at it in the debug screen there will be tab spaces between each item chosen. I set the multiple choice to choose more than 1 item, but I haven't figured out a way to append a TAB after every item chosen in "SHOW VARIABLE VALUE" debug screen.

In other words, I would like to see spaces between the multiple items in the debug screen.

<VARIABLE SET TO ASCII CHAR Value="9" Destination="%T[99]%"/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x00" Destination="%T[1]%"/>
<VARIABLE SET STRING Option="\x00" Destination="%T[2]%" Value="%T[1]%%T[99]%"/>
<MULTIPLE CHOICE MENU Style="\x01" Result="\x01" Dest="%T[2]%" Title="Grocery Categories" Prompt="Choose from Grocery Categories" Options="Dairy/Juice\r\nMeat/Fish/Chicken\r\nPasta/Bread/Grains\r\nFruits\r\nVegetables\r\nCheeses\r\nHousehold Items\r\nVitamins\r\nCat\r\nPersonal Care" Left="Right" Top="Bottom" Monitor="0" Width="265" Height="275" OnTop="FALSE"/>

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Pat

At first I modified your macro to include a tab after each menu choice:

Variable Set to ASCII Char 9 to %T[99]%
Multiple Choice Menu: Grocery Categories

<VARIABLE SET TO ASCII CHAR Value="9" Destination="%T[99]%"/>
<MULTIPLE CHOICE MENU Style="\x01" Result="\x01" Dest="%T[2]%" Title="Grocery Categories" Prompt="Choose from Grocery Categories" Options="Dairy/Juice%T[99]%\r\nMeat/Fish/Chicken%T[99]%\r\nPasta/Bread/Grains%T[99]%\r\nFruits%T[99]%\r\nVegetables%T[99]%\r\nCheeses%T[99]%\r\nHousehold Items%T[99]%\r\nVitamins%T[99]%\r\nCat%T[99]%\r\nPersonal Care%T[99]%" Left="Right" Top="Bottom" Monitor="0" Width="265" Height="275" OnTop="FALSE"/>

But that had the undesired effect of pre-checking all of the check boxes in the Multiple Choice Menu.

Then I tried using another non-displayable ASCII char:

Variable Set to ASCII Char 1 to %T[99]%

<VARIABLE SET TO ASCII CHAR Value="1" Destination="%T[99]%"/>
<MULTIPLE CHOICE MENU Style="\x01" Result="\x01" Dest="%T[2]%" Title="Grocery Categories" Prompt="Choose from Grocery Categories" Options="Dairy/Juice%T[99]%\r\nMeat/Fish/Chicken%T[99]%\r\nPasta/Bread/Grains%T[99]%\r\nFruits%T[99]%\r\nVegetables%T[99]%\r\nCheeses%T[99]%\r\nHousehold Items%T[99]%\r\nVitamins%T[99]%\r\nCat%T[99]%\r\nPersonal Care%T[99]%" Left="Right" Top="Bottom" Monitor="0" Width="265" Height="275" OnTop="FALSE"/>

That method shows the spaces between variables.

If, later in your macro, you need Tabs between the choices you can use the Variable Modify String: Replace command, like this:

Variable Set to ASCII Char 1 to %T[99]%
Variable Set to ASCII Char 9 to %TAB%
Variable Modify String: Replace "%T[99]%" in %T[2]% with "%TAB%"

<VARIABLE SET TO ASCII CHAR Value="1" Destination="%T[99]%"/>
<VARIABLE SET TO ASCII CHAR Value="9" Destination="%TAB%"/>
<VARIABLE MODIFY STRING Option="\x0F" Destination="%T[2]%" ToReplace="%T[99]%" ReplaceWith="%TAB%" All="TRUE" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>