Macro Express Forums

Trigger does not work

Hello all,

I don't understand why this easy script does not work:

First, All I am trying to do is trigger a folder to be "on top" when the folder opens. Can anyone help me on this?

<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="500"/>
<SET WINDOW ORDER Window="\x01" Title="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\Computer" Partial="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Action="\x00" _IGNORE="0x0006"/>

The trigger is by Window Title: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Computer

I'm not sure what you mean by "trigger". Is the window title what triggers (activates) the macro? If so then what do you mean by "trigger a folder to be on top"? Isn't the window becoming "on top" what activates the macro, in which case it is already on top? Or are you saying that some other window can become topmost after your macro begins running?

Personally I never had much luck with setting window order. A simple Activate Window always worked fine to put it on top.

What scope are you using? It probably should be set to "Global."

I have made several macros that are activated by window titles, and the ones that work reliably required trial and error before they worked. You may need to experiment with variations such as whether the trigger is the window gaining focus, or the window opening.

<WAIT FOR WINDOW TITLE Title="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Desktop\\Computer" Partial="FALSE" Wildcards="FALSE" Indefinite="TRUE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="0"/>
<DELAY Flags="\x02" Time="500"/>
<SET WINDOW ORDER Window="\x01" Title="C:\\Documents and Settings\\Admini

Still does not work. Some many things with MEPro really have me over-the-edge.

Pat