Macro Express Forums

Macros not working

fug5333

What version of Macro Express are you using? Macro Express v 3.7d was the first version certified to work on Windows 7. We recommend you download and install the latest version. As I write this the latest version is Macro Express v 3.8a.

Next, make sure that the 'Use Text Type delay' found in Options, Preferences, Delays, is enabled and set to a minimum of 300 microseconds. If you continue to have trouble, try setting this to 1000 microseconds.

Finally, under Windows 7 programs can be Run As Administrator. A program that is not running as administrator cannot send mouse clicks or keystrokes to a program that is. In general, most programs, including Macro Express, should not be set to Run As Administrator on Windows 7. But, if you are trying to use macros on a program that is, you will need to run Macro Express As Administrator. Note that Windows 7 complains when loading Macro Express when Windows starts if it is set to run as Administrator.

It's by far easier for me to keep one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse. The activation for simply hitting the delete key is alt+right mouse. This is just one of the 40 or so macros that are not working.

Very new to Windows 7. How do I run ME3 under Administrator?

I'm running ME3.8a(3.8.1.1).

Thanks