Macro Express Forums

Text Type: Use Clipboard to Paste Text not working

Jonny Quick

Hello everyone, I am new and have some questions.

First, here's the result of pasting an If/End If component of my current script project:

<IFOTH:03:1:C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe><TEXTTYPE:cd C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies

><TEXTTYPE:del administrator@xxxxx*.txt<ENTER>><TEXTTYPE:del administrator@yyyyy*.txt<ENTER>><ENDIF>

Here's what it looks like in English:

(Launch a cmd.exe window)

If C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe is on top

Texttype "cd C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Cookies"

Texttype "del xxx*.txt"

Texttype "del xxx*.txt"

EndIf

This is intended to delete certain cookies, but not all of them. The If/EndIf is to make sure the window is active and on top before firing-off a delete command. (Don't want that going off willy-nilly...)

My Primary problem is that I cannot get the "Texttype" command to just paste out the text. When I select that switch, all that types is "^V"; there is no text in the clipboard. So I have to type it out manually (slowly) and it looks bad and inelegant.

Is it broken, not working but that's normal or am I doing something wrong ?

I have other questions, but have just decided to post them in different threads. Thanks in advance.

Jonny

As my Dad liked to say, "You learn something every day." He forgot to mention that sometimes you feel really dumb that you hadn't figured it out already.

Actually, I don't think there's any such thing as a dumb question! And why should you have thought of Alt+spacebar - it's not exactly obvious!

Alt + space is one of the most useful keyboard shortcuts that I know. I use it dozens a time a day, and it can form the basis for many scripts.

Alt + space activates the window's System menu, and virtually every window has a System menu, including applications, documents, dialog boxes, message boxes, and more. Almost any window can be closed by pressing Alt + space, followed by C (for Close).