Macro Express Forums

3D Windows Switcher made easy

In Vista Aero there is a cool 3D Window Switcher one usually activates with the Win+Tab but I never used it much because in order to roll thru the windows I had to hold the Win key and tab several times. But in the Quick Launch Windows creates a shortcut to "Windows Switcher" but this one behaves differently. It stays up and 'rolls' with the mouse wheel and you can left mouse click on the window you want even if it isn't the one on top. But clicking an icon in Quick Launch was just too much work for me so I created a macro activated by the middle button that runs this one command:

<PROGRAM LAUNCH Path="C:\\Windows\\System32\\rundll32.exe" Mode="\x00" Parameters="dwmapi #105" Default_Path="TRUE" Wait="1" Get_Console="FALSE"/>

So now when I have to switch to a buried window my hand never leaves the mouse and I middle click and start rolling the mouse wheel then left click on my window. Works slick.

FYI if you have Intellipoint or other mouse software installed you can also simple redefine this button with a "Custom" setting to do the same thing.

Nissan shocks and struts

Toyota quick strut

Toyota shocks and struts