Macro Express Forums

ME3 macro running - when ME3 closed?

I had the strange experience while engrossed in my video editing app today of suddenly seeing the ME3, black, running man appear near my ME Pro tray icon and run for a few seconds. Not enough time to do anything methodical/considered; I think I just clicked it and it closed. Needless to say, I don't run ME3 any more, except deliberately to test something. So it's a mystery to me.

Anyone think of a likely explanation please? Or ever see similar?

I thought maybe it could be connected with the other puzzle i've just posted, so I closed ME Pro and opened ME3, but couldn't find any macro that looked like the one I described earlier. So I'm assuming these events are unconnected. I took a look in XP's Task Scheduler too, but nothing relevant.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

What have you set the activation to start ME3? I believe the default hotkey is Ctrl + Alt + Shift + W, but if you changed it to something else, perhaps you pressed it?

Do you have an ME3 icon on your desktop? If yes, check its properties; you may have inadvertently set the "shortcut key" to something easy to press by accident.

Thanks Alan. That hotkey combination does indeed start ME3 Explorer. (I don't see any way to change it, BTW?) But of course, even if I'd somehow managed to press all of those four keys, ME3 would have to be running first.

So it remains a mystery to me that somehow ME3 was started and then a specific ME3 macro activated.

Edit: The only thing I subsequently thought of was that somehow an old (ME3) playable macro was run. So I opened an XP Windows folder listing all .MXE files and sorted by Last Accessed, but none are shown that match that date.

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK