Macro Express Forums

Add "double click" as a mouse activation?

Get Mouse Position into (%XMouse1%, %YMouse1%) Relative to Current Window
Wait for Left Mouse Click
On Error
 Catch Error: The condition was not met within the specified amount of time
   Text Box Display: Single click detected
   Macro Stop
 End Catch Error
End Error
Get Mouse Position into (%XMouse2%, %YMouse2%) Relative to Current Window
If Variable %XMouse1% Equals "%XMouse2%"
 And
If Variable %YMouse1% Equals "%YMouse2%"
 Text Box Display: Double click detected!
Else
 Text Box Display: Two clicks detected, but the mouse was moved between clicks
End If

The activation for this script is left click on the title bar. I set "Wait for Left Mouse Click" to wait up to one second (which appears to be the shortest time interval available.)

If you click on the title bar once, the script does one thing.

If you double-click the title bar without moving the mouse, the script does something else.

If you double-click the title bar while moving the mouse, the script performs a third action. (The second click does not have to be on the title bar.)

Here is the code to differentiate single, double, and triple clicks. (Unlike my previous example, this version does not check for cursor movements.)

Because the shortest available wait for left click is 1 second, there is a pause after a single or double click that some may find unacceptable. A triple click, on the other hand, is recognized almost instantaneously.

I will submit a feature request for shorter wait times!

On Error
   Text Box Display: Single click detected
   // Insert commands for a single click 
   Macro Stop
 End Catch Error
End Error
On Error
   Text Box Display: Double click detected
   // Insert commands for a double click 
   Macro Stop
 End Catch Error
End Error
Text Box Display: Triple click detected!
// Insert commands for a triple click 

Here is the code to differentiate single, double, and triple clicks. (Unlike my previous example, this version does not check for cursor movements.)

Because the shortest available wait for left click is 1 second, there is a pause after a single or double click that some may find unacceptable. A triple click, on the other hand, is recognized almost instantaneously.

I will submit a feature request for shorter wait times!

I thought I would share my idea here as well. Two clicks will only be considered a double click if they occur one after another within certain adjustable time period (i.e. 200 ms)

I detect double click using two macros:

MAIN CLICK activated by: Mouse left click in top left screen area

Var set integer %N[3]% to 200 // click interval [ms]
Var modify integer: %N[3]%=%N[3]% / 10
Var set integer %N[1]%: Set to mouse X coordinate
Var set integer %N[2]%: Set to mouse Y coordinate
Var set string %T[1]% to: "START"
Var mod string: Save %T[1]% to environmental var %STOPWATCH%
Macro Run: STOPWATCH // don't wait
Repeat Start 100 times //loop number stored in %COUNTER%
Var set string %T[1]% to environmental var %STOPWATCH%
If var %T[1]% equals "STOP"
 or
If var %COUNTER% is greater than %N[3]%
 Break
End If
Delay 10 ms
End Repeat
Var set integer %N[11]%: Set to mouse X coordinate
Var set integer %N[12]%: Set to mouse Y coordinate
If var %COUNTER% is less than or equal to %N[3]%
And
If var %N[1]% equals %N[11]%
And
If var %N[2]% equals %N[12]%
//EXECUTE COMMAND FOR DOUBLE CLICK
Delay 100 ms // Disable this and next command if you don't want the double click sent to the target (window, icon etc)
Left mouse double-click //
Else
//EXECUTE COMMAND FOR SINGLE CLICK
End IF

STOPWATCH activated by: Run command

Wait for left mouse click //wait at most 1 second
Variable Set string %T[1]% to "STOP"
Var modify string: Save %T[1]% to environmental var %STOPWATCH%

Main macro (MAIN CLICK) is activated by mouse left click

Main macro runs macro STOPWATCH which awaits for the second click

If main macro waits too long for the signal from STOPWATCH that the second click occured, it breaks loop and performs actions for single click (if any)

If main macro receives signal from STOPWATCH, and the time interval between first and last click is less than 200 ms, main macro exectutes commands for double click.

Main macro only consider two mouse clicks to be a double-click if both clicks take place at same location.

Time interval that separates two single clicks from a double-click can be adjusted in line #1 of MAIN CLICK macro, 200 ms by defaul.

MAIN CLIK + STOPWATCH.mex

Alan,

Here a double click on the title bar of any non-maximised window always maximises it by default. And restores it if already maximised. (Standard Windows behaviour? Can't recall ever setting this.) So for testing I changed your (first) macro's activation to a left click on a small area of the screen.

But I'm getting the 'Double click' message after a single click, so I reckon I've slipped up somewhere. Could you post your code please? Here's mine:

<GET MOUSE POSITION Option="\x01" X="%XMouse1%" Y="%YMouse1%" _HANDLE="0x0003"/>
<WAIT FOR LEFT MOUSE CLICK Indefinite="FALSE" Hours="0" Minutes="0" Seconds="1" _HANDLE="0x0014" _COMMENT="Wait LE 1 sec"/>
<COMMENT Value="The following assume the previous command's On Error was set to 'Handle Error'."/>
<ON ERROR/>
<CATCH ERROR Code="20"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="TBD 1" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Single click detected\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="TRUE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<MACRO STOP/>
<END CATCH ERROR/>
<END ERROR/>
<GET MOUSE POSITION Option="\x01" X="%XMouse2%" Y="%YMouse2%" _HANDLE="0x0003"/>
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%XMouse1%" Condition="\x00" Value="%XMouse2%" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<AND/>
<IF VARIABLE Variable="%YMouse1%" Condition="\x00" Value="%YMouse2%" IgnoreCase="FALSE"/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="TBD2" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Double click detected.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="TRUE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<ELSE/>
<TEXT BOX DISPLAY Title="TBD - movement" Content="{\\rtf1\\ansi\\ansicpg1252\\deff0\\deflang2057{\\fonttbl{\\f0\\fnil\\fcharset0 Tahoma;}{\\f1\\fnil Tahoma;}}\r\n\\viewkind4\\uc1\\pard\\f0\\fs16 Two clicks detected but mouse moved between clicks.\\f1 \r\n\\par }\r\n" Left="Center" Top="Center" Width="278" Height="200" Monitor="0" OnTop="TRUE" Keep_Focus="TRUE" Mode="\x00" Delay="0"/>
<END IF/>

--

Terry, East Grinstead, UK