Macro Express Forums

Question for WoW players that use Macro Express

I wish to use this macro to play wow, not complete automation, but for things like rapid-fire button presses.

My input still required, but macro assisted.

I know that WoW has the Warden thingy that... does something to detected "Unsupported Third-Party Software" and then Blizzard could ban.

My question is, now I know they allow programmable keyboards and can detect those but don't ban for that, but I'm wondering if Macro Express 3/pro is detected and banned for, or do you have to be using it to fully automate gameplay? (botting)

Heres the line in their terms and conditions concerning botting and 3rd party applications.

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

To me it is clear that I'm not going to use the software to fully automate gameplay, but I'm worried they will be indescriminate about this macro software.

If anyone with experience with this can chime in, it'd be very much appreciated.

I wish to use this macro to play wow, not complete automation, but for things like rapid-fire button presses.

My input still required, but macro assisted.

I know that WoW has the Warden thingy that... does something to detected "Unsupported Third-Party Software" and then Blizzard could ban.

My question is, now I know they allow programmable keyboards and can detect those but don't ban for that, but I'm wondering if Macro Express 3/pro is detected and banned for, or do you have to be using it to fully automate gameplay? (botting)

Heres the line in their terms and conditions concerning botting and 3rd party applications.

To me it is clear that I'm not going to use the software to fully automate gameplay, but I'm worried they will be indescriminate about this macro software.

If anyone with experience with this can chime in, it'd be very much appreciated.

I'm not a WoW player myself, and Warden in fact is something that distinguishes WoW from other MMORGS. I know there were some privacy issues (I'd think mostly risen by botters heh) and the extent to which Warden can monitor a gamer system was limited. However, having over 10 million players I don't think Blizzard has enough manforce to look into each suspicious case of alleged botting and ponder over it. Therefore, if they (Warden) detect that some automation tool was used, they wouldn't bother to examine whether the act lasted 1 second or 1 hour. I think if only they find software interfering in any way for any period of time with the client they consider it botting. My opinion.

Bad thing about WoW is, even if you set up a separate account and tried to check what and what doesn't get you banned wouldn't work, because Blizzard has a quite slow response, and you can be banned for a botting action after few months. Do they still ban your IP?

If I was to bot WoW, the best approach I could think of is run WoW in a Virtual Machine, and have macro express operate from the outside of the VM (sending keystrokes/mouse actions to the virtual machine). Would it be enough to fool Warden? Don't know, but that's what I would do if I was to try. But that idea might only work for full automation because there might be some issues while using mouse in the game. (The mouse freaks out on user's action in some games run in VM). Don't know whether it applies to WoW or not.